Home Forums General Discussion Forum What’s Your Favorite Movement Holder?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    tmac1956
    Participant

All:

This is just the completion of a suggestion by David P. that I posted on the first page of the thread. I got the idea from him. I guess he got tired of my complaining so he sent me the jeweler’s tool to.

Later,
      Tom

stevefitzwater
      Participant

Here is a thought out of left field.. what do you think about making a notch instead of a straight cut out on those bras pegs, that way if you “capture” the bottom plate so you can tilt it as far as you need and know it will not fall out..

I know when I place on the full bridge on those the those older movements like the Waltham Model 1883, it can be a bit of an hassel getting all of the pivots in, and that bar pallet.. ugh… I think that movement holder might be a solution to the issue.

stevefitzwater
        Participant

Here is a thought out of left field.. what do you think about making a notch instead of a straight cut out on those bras pegs, that way if you “capture” the bottom plate so you can tilt it as far as you need and know it will not fall out..

I know when I place on the full bridge on those the those older movements like the Waltham Model 1883, it can be a bit of an hassel getting all of the pivots in, and that bar pallet.. ugh… I think that movement holder might be a solution to the issue.

stevefitzwater
          Participant

tmac1956
            Participant

Steve:

I hadn’t thought of that. This holder only had two pins when I got it, so I just milled four new ones. Your idea sounds like a safer way to hold the movement – especially now that I’m going to be tilting it at different angles.

Great point!

Tom

tmac1956
              Participant

Steve:

I hadn’t thought of that. This holder only had two pins when I got it, so I just milled four new ones. Your idea sounds like a safer way to hold the movement – especially now that I’m going to be tilting it at different angles.

Great point!

Tom

tmac1956
                Participant

Steve:

Great point!

Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.