Home Forums General Discussion Forum What’s Your Favorite Movement Holder?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    randy
    Participant

Deutschland, Deutschland, über alles !!! WHOOOPS ..wrong forum !

Tim..this is the tip of the Iron Cross collection…Chris has some very serious pieces !

Someday we’ll all have to travel to his place..drink some weissbier mit lemon…and peruse them….

rb

maitai11
      Participant

Road trip to Spain!

:) :) :)

maitai11
        Participant

Road trip to Spain!

maitai11
          Participant

Road trip to Spain!

maitai11
            Participant

Guys,

I ended up purchasing one similar to Bernie’s…I love it! Reasons why are as follows:

– Holds the timepiece securely. Extra set of hands!
              – With the base of the pin (black, in Bernie’s pic) being flared out, I have created a way to hold the watch at four points securely – without the main plate touching the block of the holder. It’s almost “floating” in a sense. The reason why I like this is because there’s no chance that the watch will be rested on the escape wheel pivot!
              – Access: Is mostly, OK, although it does bug me to have to go around a holding pin, or to readjust the watch – but I’ll take secure over access any day. It only takes a second…:)
              – Versatility: Holds timepieces, small and large…and I need large…for the pocket watch sized main plates I work with.
              – It’s made of shiny metal: Chris? CHRIS???

Best,

Tim :)

maitai11
              Participant

Guys,

I ended up purchasing one similar to Bernie’s…I love it! Reasons why are as follows:

– With the base of the pin (black, in Bernie’s pic) being flared out, I have created a way to hold the watch at four points securely – without the main plate touching the block of the holder. It’s almost “floating” in a sense. The reason why I like this is because there’s no chance that the watch will be rested on the escape wheel pivot!
                – Access: Is mostly, OK, although it does bug me to have to go around a holding pin, or to readjust the watch – but I’ll take secure over access any day. It only takes a second…:)
                – Versatility: Holds timepieces, small and large…and I need large…for the pocket watch sized main plates I work with.

Best,

maitai11
                Participant

Guys,

Best,

bernie weishapl
                  Participant

Looks good Tim.

bernie weishapl
                    Participant

Looks good Tim.

bernie weishapl
                      Participant

Looks good Tim.

arutha
                        Participant

I was working on a pocket watch last week and I noticed I used the rings for certain things and then a holder like yours for other jobs. You dont just have to use one holder but if you get on ok with it then thats fine :)
                          Paul.

arutha
                          Participant

I was working on a pocket watch last week and I noticed I used the rings for certain things and then a holder like yours for other jobs. You dont just have to use one holder but if you get on ok with it then thats fine :)
                            Paul.

arutha
                            Participant

Paul.

maitai11
                              Participant

Thanks Bernie!

And, Paul, that’s a very good distinction! I’ve got the cups, too – And I know you have all kinds of holders of various shapes and sizes – always ready for whatever comes your way! Well, as Chris says, money, money, money, for the toys and must-have tools that we want on our benches. Awesome! Money well spent :)

Best,

maitai11
                                Participant

Thanks Bernie!

And, Paul, that’s a very good distinction! I’ve got the cups, too – And I know you have all kinds of holders of various shapes and sizes – always ready for whatever comes your way! Well, as Chris says, money, money, money, for the toys and must-have tools that we want on our benches. Awesome! Money well spent :)

Best,

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 97 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.