Home Forums General Discussion Forum What’s Your Favorite Movement Holder?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    maitai11
    Participant

Thanks Bernie!

And, Paul, that’s a very good distinction! I’ve got the cups, too – And I know you have all kinds of holders of various shapes and sizes – always ready for whatever comes your way! Well, as Chris says, money, money, money, for the toys and must-have tools that we want on our benches. Awesome! Money well spent :)

Best,

Tim :)

tmac1956
      Participant

All:

Here’s my latest favorite holder. It’s a combination of a typical holder held by a jewelers engraver. This allows me to get special angles on the movement.

[attachment=0:33o6la2e]movement_holder.jpg[/attachment:33o6la2e]

Later,
        Tom

tmac1956
        Participant

All:

Here’s my latest favorite holder. It’s a combination of a typical holder held by a jewelers engraver. This allows me to get special angles on the movement.

Later,
          Tom

tmac1956
          Participant

All:

Later,
            Tom

bernie weishapl
            Participant

That is nice Tom. I like that.

bernie weishapl
              Participant

bernie weishapl
                Participant

tmac1956
                  Participant

Bernie:

I’m pretty clumsy and I’ve popped a few balance staff pivots by unknowingly getting my finger against the balance wheel while trying to look inside of an assembled movement at an angle. I’m hoping this will help with that.

Thanks!
                    Tom

tmac1956
                    Participant

Bernie:

I’m pretty clumsy and I’ve popped a few balance staff pivots by unknowingly getting my finger against the balance wheel while trying to look inside of an assembled movement at an angle. I’m hoping this will help with that.

Thanks!
                      Tom

tmac1956
                      Participant

Bernie:

Thanks!
                        Tom

stevefitzwater
                        Participant

Nice, a ton of adjustability, nice!

So you replaced the plastic covered hubs on the holder with your own brass inserts, I like that, I have one of those style of holders, and it frustrates the heck out of me, sometimes it holds it fine and the next movement it does it, and the worse issue I find is when I am working out the outer perimeter (bridge screws), if your on the side that has the under cut for the vice, it tips. By mounting it in a base you eliminate that issue!

right now I am using a Bergeon plate holder, I got a small composite one, and liked it so much I got larger metal one, I like them so much, my next order will include one more of each, as I normally have 3-4 different movements on the bench at a time.

stevefitzwater
                          Participant

So you replaced the plastic covered hubs on the holder with your own brass inserts, I like that, I have one of those style of holders, and it frustrates the heck out of me, sometimes it holds it fine and the next movement it does it, and the worse issue I find is when I am working out the outer perimeter (bridge screws), if your on the side that has the under cut for the vice, it tips. By mounting it in a base you eliminate that issue!

right now I am using a Bergeon plate holder, I got a small composite one, and liked it so much I got larger metal one, I like them so much, my next order will include one more of each, as I normally have 3-4 different movements on the bench at a time.

stevefitzwater
                            Participant

tmac1956
                              Participant

All:

This is just the completion of a suggestion by David P. that I posted on the first page of the thread. I got the idea from him. I guess he got tired of my complaining so he sent me the jeweler’s tool to.

Later,
                                Tom

tmac1956
                                Participant

All:

This is just the completion of a suggestion by David P. that I posted on the first page of the thread. I got the idea from him. I guess he got tired of my complaining so he sent me the jeweler’s tool to.

Later,
                                  Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 97 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.