Home Forums General Discussion Forum What’s Your Favorite Movement Holder?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    arutha
    Participant

I have just about every style of movement holder going, they tend to come with job lots of stuff or get given to me. I like whichever holder allows me the best access to the watch I am working on. It is a bit of a luxury to have an assortment but they dont tend to be too expensive so if you buy a few different used ones you can then keep what you like and put the rest back on e-bay. I do seem to use the rings the most, I have the wood ones which are my favourite set and I have some plastic ones.
      Another neat idea from Daryn is to use the brightly coloured childrens stacking cups for round clock movement holders, these will hold almost any round clock movements from small timepieces up to french striking movements.

[attachment=0:2oeid4eb]cup.jpg[/attachment:2oeid4eb]
      Paul

randy
      Participant

I like this one for men’s modern watches and most PW movements.

http://www.esslinger.com/bergeon-4040-reversible-holder-for-repairing-large-watch-movements.aspx

I know Chris..It’s Bergeon !!!!!!

R

randy
        Participant

http://www.esslinger.com/bergeon-4040-reversible-holder-for-repairing-large-watch-movements.aspx

R

randy
          Participant

R

maitai11
            Participant

Excellent, Guys!

Thanks for all the feedback. You got me, Bob. I’ll turn that bugger over, or get the correct – sized cup and try it that way. :)

Best,

Tim :)

maitai11
              Participant

Excellent, Guys!

Thanks for all the feedback. You got me, Bob. I’ll turn that bugger over, or get the correct – sized cup and try it that way. :)

Best,

maitai11
                Participant

Excellent, Guys!

Best,

gerene
                  Participant

I use the Bergeon one Randy uses together with a smaller one from Bergeon for ladies watches. I also have the wooden ones which I use for small clock movements.

Jan

gerene
                    Participant

I use the Bergeon one Randy uses together with a smaller one from Bergeon for ladies watches. I also have the wooden ones which I use for small clock movements.

Jan

gerene
                      Participant

Jan

chris mabbott
                        Participant

@Randy wrote:

R

Mein gott, ach die Leiben hunde 😆

chris mabbott
                          Participant

@Randy wrote:

R

chris mabbott
                            Participant

@Randy wrote:

R

bernie weishapl
                              Participant

Those are some good looking holders and think I may order one. Had to laugh as I was looking on ebay last night at a clock auction I am watching closely. So decided to type in a search for that bergeon movement holder. Yep they have them but can’t believe they are actually $10 and up higher plus shipping on top of that than at Esslinger. Was just curious and just thought it was funny because normally it is most times the other way around.

bernie weishapl
                                Participant

Those are some good looking holders and think I may order one. Had to laugh as I was looking on ebay last night at a clock auction I am watching closely. So decided to type in a search for that bergeon movement holder. Yep they have them but can’t believe they are actually $10 and up higher plus shipping on top of that than at Esslinger. Was just curious and just thought it was funny because normally it is most times the other way around.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 97 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.