Home Forums General Discussion Forum Crisp and sharp pics.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    chris mabbott
    Participant

WOW, Ed, this is a really great shot, big yes, but a fantastic combination of light and it’s sharp and clear :)
      I think you might have been pulling my leg about your photographic skills all this time ๐Ÿ˜†

Yes, the size is large, and needed to be sized down, but that is all. I’ve taken the liberty of copying your pic to re-size it and I’m re-posting it here for others to see your progress.

This is a really nice photo, congratulations.. And a beautiful watch.

Chris

chris mabbott
      Participant

These next two of the face are a vast improvement Ed, remember that your learning to take a detailed photo of an object THROUGH a shiny and sometime not clear glass surface, so as you have done here, aim for a level of perfection that you feel makes you happy, but also shows off the detail that you’re trying to communicate to others, which is what you have done here.

As you take more photos, you’ll get better and better as the hard drive on your PC gets smaller ๐Ÿ˜†
        What camera are you using here Ed?

Chris

chris mabbott
        Participant

On this one Ed, which is another beautiful watch and a great improvement, I would have suggested backing away from the object just a few inches, so you could capture the whole image, this would have allowed you a little more freedom as your aim would have been to have a little space either side of the target.

Here is a link to Amazon, they actually have a sale on the downloadable version.. Bonus. If you plan on getting more serious with your pics, and I get the feeling you will, you need to invest a little time and money, either for elements or another semi professional editing program, it makes it a lot easier and it becomes second nature repetition after a few times.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_12/180-4528043-0323411?url=search-alias%3Dsoftware&field-keywords=photoshop%20elements%2012&sprefix=photoshop+el%2Caps%2C276

chris mabbott
          Participant

I was actually playing around today as I remembered batteries for my DSLR camera, which is only an 8 mGP but for my needs, it’s fine.

I’ve sized this one down from it original 34 x 42 or something like that, to 7 x 5. Just to illustrate the distance you might want keep from your target and to maintain top, bottom and side space.

Remember that because your original is so large, we can crop off the access, zoom in to capture closeups etc.. So try to give yourself a little room and aim for something similar this..

chris mabbott
            Participant

You can trim it to whatever size you need and eliminate the blank area afterwards..

Keep up the good work Ed, with your amount of progress in a matter of hours really, you’ll be turning out lovely photos fairly soon..

ewinrow
              Participant

Hey Chris, thanks. My problem may lay within my cropping. I crop my pics right to every edge. I will allow more space around my pics and see where that takes me. The pics of mine that you made some corrections on look good and please feel free to repost them. Ed.

ewinrow
                Participant

Trying something else.

chris mabbott
                  Participant

Perfectly sized Ed 8-) I used to have a wrist watch exactly like the one you show, quite a few years ago..

Chris

ewinrow
                    Participant

Hello and good morn to all. Just thought I’d post a couple of pics to show where I have progressed. I think I have come a long way and am very satisified with my results. Using your ideas Chris, Thanks, Ed….. :)

arutha
                      Participant

Hi Ed,
                        looks like you are getting to grips with the pictures. One thing I did notice is the picture of the balance being supported by the spring, It looks as though it is stretching the hairspring out too far. If this is a small watch those hairsprings will not always support the weight of the balance wheel so be a bit careful with them as they are easy to distort and not easy to get straight again. If the spring lies flat once out of that holder you won’t have a problem. Just wanted to make you aware :)
                        Paul.

ewinrow
                        Participant

Hey there Arutha, Yea that spring had already been declared fubar. Just was fooling around with the camera. As a matter of fact, I’m currently looking for that same depicted item. Goes to a Elgin 21 jewel mans watch I’m putting together for myself. A slow going project. Got a good spring co, in mind :?: :?: :?:

chris mabbott
                          Participant

Ed you are becoming more daring :D I love the spring shot and I found my head moving up and down with the spring motion ๐Ÿ˜†

Good job buddy, keep em coming ….

Chris

ewinrow
                            Participant

You got it Chris, thanks. That may be my work but under your toot ledge. You have a great inspiration and as you can see, I was a good listener. I am currently awaiting some Len’s that I ordered off ebay for my phone, can’t wait to see if this helps me out anymore. So how you coming along with your current venture? I have also been in my attic to pull a couple of wall clocks down to make a valid attempt to once again get them running, but I must be honest with limited knowledge and limited tools, it has been slow going. However though with Bob, you and the rest of the crew on here. “I’ll be OK….. :D

ewinrow
                              Participant

I have posted quite a few pics here on the site, but what I don’t understand is why haven’t I been unable to post my profile pic? Me not being a photographer and with limited understanding of it, I cant post it. WHY?????

ewinrow
                                Participant

@ewinrow wrote:

I have posted quite a few pics here on the site, but what I don’t understand is why haven’t I been unable to post my profile pic? Me not being a photographer and with limited understanding of it, I cant post it. WHY?????

The avatarโ€™s filesize must be between 0 and 53 KiB.
                                  Current image: 20131211_132322.jpg (520.45 KiB) Viewed 1 time
                                  Maximum dimensions; width: 100 pixels, height: 100 pixels, file size: 53.71 KiB.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 110 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.