Home Forums General Discussion Forum Crisp and sharp pics.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    arutha
    Participant

I have re-sized the picture to 100×100 pixels, you just need to right click and save to your computer and then go into user “control panel” then “profile” and “edit avatar” and upload it.
      Hope that helps?
      Paul.

ewinrow
      Participant

I tried Paul but to no avail. Can I resize a pic myself and If so how? Thanks for the effort. Maybe I’m doing something wrong. I know so, cameras and me don’t quite agree with one another. Maybe I’m just to dag gum ugly. LOL…..

Bob Tascione

Hi Ed,
          Nah..you weren’t too ugly. I had to turn the ugly filter off a long time ago so my avatar would show up! :D
          It had to be re sized just a little smaller. Looks like it’s all good now.
          If you ever want to change it just make sure the largest number doesn’t exceed 100 pixs and it should work ok.
          Adios for now,
          Bob

ewinrow
          Participant

;) Thanks Bob. I don’t think I’ll ever change it out, took to long to post it. Also Bob, while I have you I am curious to know is their any ladies in the online course? My curiosity stems from addressing members. Is it safe to say ladies and gents? Or just keep it, “hello to all”? Theirs to many good folks in here to dismiss anyone. Great course, very informative with very knowledgeable members always willing to assist. 8-) Good day, Ed….. Thanks Arutha 💡

chris mabbott
            Participant

Ed, I find … Greetings fellow humans, covers everything, except my faithful 4 legged helper and sniffer upper of any dropped parts 😆

By the way, great looking shots buddy. What lens did you order, a polarizer perhaps? I’m looking for one myself as I seem to be using my mobile camera more and more, I just can’t be bothered to unpack the big fella and set it up.. 🙄

arutha
              Participant

Hi Ed, sorry i didn’t get the problem sorted, I resized the picture but as Bob says, I obviously didn’t get it quite small enough. Glad to see you got your pic up in the end. Bob is good aint he :)

ewinrow
                Participant

Hey Art, thanks for all of your effort. I’m on now and glad to be. Bob seems to have quite a control over his site. That’s good. A really good site with good folks who seem to really want you to succeed.

ewinrow
                  Participant

Hey Chris, what I got I still haven’t used. some kind of fisheye lens. I didn’t recognize any kind of real improvement. What I am using now is what I had when you posted on my topic page. What you posted and what I didn’t know has pulled me through to where I am. :geek: Thanks, Ed…..

chris mabbott
                    Participant

You’re welcome Ed, what I’m going to try is a polarizing filter on my mobile.. In fact, check out this link http://photojojo.com/store/
                      There is every imaginable gadget for your mobile phone camera, even a macro lens :geek:

I never thought that I would use a phone camera so much, but now, I hardly ever use the DSLR, it’s just too big to pack around.

Anyway, for you & myself, who are taking shots of shiny metallic objects, a polarizing filter is perfect. There are two options that I’m considering, the first, simply buy a cheap DSLR filter and hold it to my phone cam lens.
                      The second is to pick one up from the above website along with a couple of lenses 😈

Here is another interesting and useful link about filters and lighting, it gives a few creative ideas and may prove helpful..
                      http://blog.sullivanjphotography.com/2010/07/22/photographing-reflective-objects-macro-style/

Keep up the good work Ed, pretty soon it will be just like driving a car, automatic.

ewinrow
                      Participant

Thanks Chris, how you coming along with your new project? I know you have something on your bench…… I know I currently have a problem movement on my bench that I’m thinking about ordering an entire new movement for. “After I speak with the owner”.

chris mabbott
                        Participant

Ed, I currently have about 6 problems cluttering my work space, 2 of which are self inflicted DOH!! lol
                          That Hamilton 926 has been a pain in the posterior, one little thing after another, now I need a plate rub in jewel, but I’m having a hard time coughing up $ 24 + $20 shipping for a microscopic dot.
                          To me it’s like charging $20 to send a piece of paper with a period, in felt tip ;-)

Please start a thread and show us your problem movement buddy, maybe if we put our combined blocks of wood together we can find a solution ;-)

ewinrow
                          Participant

Hey Chris, I have a real problem child on my bench now. It’s a Hermle Grandfather wall clock, with an 8 Day movement and Westminster chime. When I received it the chains, weights and pendulum were removed for shipping. Understandable, but not to mention the grief I suffered just to get the chains re-ran and when weights were applied the pendulum WILL NOT continue to swing. Gains about two minuets and then stops. As you can see the movement is filthy :(

A beautiful looking clock but I can just feel the problems building as I tear it down. I am taking my time on it as I study it daily, I have very little experience on this type of movement and kind of feel like a doctor working on a car. intimidated :? Why the three winding wheels and the third wheels job is what :? Also I sat it to 12:00 to see if it would chime :?: :?: :?: NOPE….. :( I can already see parts laying everywhere upon tear down. 😳 What can you tell me about this movement, if anything at all?

I’m already looking at other movement’s just in case :D But our problem is both of the same $$$$$ :( If the movement is that bad I want to purchase a new one for install and use the old one to practice on and when I get it right I would like to buy another cabinet for it but for now just wishful thinking :) This horology is keeping my pockets drained. I’m buying and repairing but nothing is going out the door, hence, NIT RUPLES. (No money.) :( I spent decent money on this clock and I’ll be dad-gummed if I am going to loose it. My wife snorts like a bull every time she comes into my clock room to speak of the current bills even though I always come-up with my share. Anyway, If I can’t get it right within the case, I’ll take pic by pic upon teardown and make many inquires to the clock makers on the form, you included. Thank god we have help ;) I also just purchased a grandmother floor standing clock with movement issues. (JUNK.) However I did discover and won the bid for a new movement on eBay that I can put right in with very little modifications. :) Well Chris, gone for now with best wish’s to you. Keep me posted as I will do the same.

ewinrow
                            Participant

:mrgreen: Well Chris, I finally got my ship clock. I only wanted one because I love it and I grew-up with one in my home and since that one has been long gone I figured I’d purchase my own. I have another job cut out for me now and I have to figure out what 1st? It needs it’s sails cleaned and some going over. It runs wonderfully and when I get just a moment to myself I really want to tear it down and do a really nice job on it. Upon completion, I want it to sparkle and shine as if it were brand new. Will keep you all posted on progress. :D I hope no re-chroming is needed, if so. Oh well to me it’s worth it. :)

willofiam

Hey Ed, are you getting frustrated and overwhelmed with whats happening in your shop lately? I have some ideas but I will wait for a response from you first. William

ewinrow
                                Participant

Hey will, overwhelmed but not yet frustrated. Only when my other half comes in here with poked out lips looking at all of my money hanging, standing or sitting on my tables. :) What you got in mind? I’m open for suggestions. 8-)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 110 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.