Home Forums Member Shop Pics. “Willofiam”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

Thank you David, I will do exactly as you say, yes, making movements in the future is precisely the whole idea. NOW, I am looking at a very good condition Ellis deluxe dividing head with tail stock, swivel attachment, 3 plates, dog or driver center, 3 jaw set tru chuck and box for $1000.00, is this a good price? do you know what these cost when new? Thank you, William

david pierce
      Participant

William,
        You probably don’t wan’t to go larger than a 6″ dividing head on your size mill. When I was younger I could lift a 10″ head up on to the mill bed but now I would need a crane. You won”t need a full universal for single tooth gearcutting and spline cutting. A full universal head can cut helixes by attaching a geartrain from the mill bed to the dividing head, and, it can also do differential indexing. None of this will be necessary for clock parts as clocks do not use helical gears. Check out Ebay# 290750609673 and save yourself a whole bunch of money.
        david

Bob Tascione

Hey William,
          I didn’t know you had put the last 3 pics up here.
          NICE!
          Also didn’t realize that there was a industrial Craftsman lathe model. That looks like a really nice lathe!
          What a shop!

Enjoy it,
          Bob

bernie weishapl
          Participant

Great looking shop and equipment William. Really nicely laid out.

willofiam

I made a new grandfather clock test stand, I call it “THE BEAST” several things I considered. first was stability, On my other stand I have and have had customers bump it, always worried it could tip over, this one = no way!!! I wanted to get at the front and back for adjustments and have enough room side to side to run with the dials on. I am able to put different style chime rods in place (this will help in “hearing” it running and chiming), the backboard for the chime rods can be adjusted in the slots in height and distance from the movement, need to find a couple of different chime rod blocks for the other backboards, any for sale?. the pieces under the seat-board are for locating AND also help the seat-board from tipping over if something were to cause that. I should be able to accommodate at least 6 large movements at one time (plenty sturdy to withstand the weight) with the dials on, maybe 5 with the chime-blocks. let me know what you think, William

arutha
              Participant

I don’t know where you get your energy but could you please send me some?
                Another great job William :)
                Paul.

willofiam

Hey Paul, and dont forget, I take out the trash AND put away the dishes too! 🙄 William

jim1228
                  Participant

Wow! Now that is a test stand on steroids taken to a new level. Nice William
                    Jim

bernie weishapl
                    Participant

Good looking stand William.

willofiam

Thanks guys, currently running 4 grandfather clocks, sturdy and plenty of room, I am glad I made it this big. still looking for a triple chime v style G-clock chime rod block, if anyone has one laying around I would be happy to buy one, I have seen them on ebay for quite a bit of money and would rather try finding something a bit cheaper, thanks, William

willofiam

O.K. did it again, another remodel, My biggest issue had been bench space, also wanting to make it inviting for customers I included a entry area. THIS IS IT!!!! I cant go any larger unless I put up a structure, who knows? maybe someday…Thanks for looking, please put up any comments on this new set up. William
                          <span style=”font-size:150%”>Come on in and have some coffee, I’ll buy some tea if you guys from the other side come over for a visit.</span>

arutha
                          Participant

@willofiam wrote:

O.K. did it again, another remodel, My biggest issue had been bench space, also wanting to make it inviting for customers I included a entry area.

That looks like a very inviting “entry area”, I am itching to see whats been done on the other side of that door. One thing I did notice about the entry area is you dont have a clock in there!
                            Paul.

willofiam

@Arutha wrote:

One thing I did notice about the entry area is you dont have a clock in there

BUT, I do have a picture on the wall with “father time” which reminds me of Bob, the eyes seem to follow me as I walk through :D No, your right though, it is a buffer zone from the outdoors, winter can be brutal. This area and the display area are my wifes creation…..
                              <span style=”font-size:150%”>Nice and cozy</span>

<span style=”font-size:150%”>OH LOOK, a new customer, come on in and we’ll chew the fat…</span>

dulwich2410
                              Participant

Hi William beautiful workshop just pop over and build me one.

John.

willofiam

Hey John, no prob, only after I finally get everything organized 🙄 may be several years :D

<span style=”font-size:150%”>Office area and finished clock run area</span>

<span style=”font-size:150%”>This 1/2 of the island is for inspection, case work, case parts, pocket watch supplies</span>

<span style=”font-size:150%”>Pocket watch repair section</span>

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.