Home Forums Member Shop Pics. “Willofiam”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

I think I need to expand already, what a wonderful business to be in!!!!!

randy
      Participant

Nice shop !!!!

willofiam

Thanks Randy, I built this separate room inside my woodshop, a shop in the shop. I like having the smaller area around me and I can roll to each bench depending on what I need to work on. but it is starting to get small as far as hanging and storing clocks that need to get fixed. thinking about a small expansion, not sure yet. would like to put a comfy chair in for visitors and those deep thinking times. :?

arutha
          Participant

Its so clean and tidy, definatley the sign of a disturbed mind so disturbed in fact you think getting into horology is a good idea, clocks slowly start appearing on shelves, on the walls, in drawers and before you know it you have to expand, but not just because of the clocks, oh no, it because of the tools too, that extra little tool that was just too cheap to pass up, you dont need it now but maybe one day you will……hang on, I seem to be writing my own story :(

Bob Tascione

Wow William!
              You’ve done a great job on that shop in such a short amount of time! I like the way you’ve utilized the space. Also cool drying box!
              You’ve given me some good ideas for my shop. Especially like the way you’ve set the tools up all along the edge of your white bench.
              Gracias!
              Bob

Bob Tascione

Hey Paul you’ve found it! The one word that I’ve been searching for for years that would sum up and best define the passionate clock and watch collector/maker…”Disturbed”. It works for me!
                Bob

arutha
                Participant

You know Bob, I think I agree, what other word could describe “the passion” :)

willofiam

Thanks Paul and Bob, Bob I got the idea for the dryer box from a master craftsman, I think his name is Bob, Hey, 😯 it was you!!!!!! Thanks for all you do. William

willofiam

Well, heres the new addition, a few details left but functioning, Paul, Bill and Bob, notice the coffee pot, bought at a garage sale $15 and refurbished it, like new and makes great coffee, have some on for you, bring donuts :D …. The biggest addition to the shop was not just the floor space but the sink area. the counter top was on craigs list for free, the sink and all the fixins for a drain and water from the house came from a plumber friend who traded me his time and materials for a clock, isnt that awesome!!!! But, it filled up pretty quick, have alot of clocks comin in, word of mouth has started, thank God, and now I am full time here. :D and now its time for some more tools right?????? what is soooooo cool is my wife and kids are totally behind me on this, I think they see how much I enjoy it and am not so grumpy anymore. William

willofiam

Well, heres the new addition, a few details left but functioning, Paul, Bill and Bob, notice the coffee pot, bought at a garage sale $15 and refurbished it, like new and makes great coffee, have some on for you, bring donuts :D …. The biggest addition to the shop was not just the floor space but the sink area. the counter top was on craigs list for free, the sink and all the fixins for a drain and water from the house came from a plumber friend who traded me his time and materials for a clock, isnt that awesome!!!! But, it filled up pretty quick, have alot of clocks comin in, word of mouth has started, thank God, and now I am full time here. :D and now its time for some more tools right?????? what is soooooo cool is my wife and kids are totally behind me on this, I think they see how much I enjoy it and am not so grumpy anymore. William[attachment=3:3p1r4850]DSCN2666_01.JPG[/attachment:3p1r4850][attachment=2:3p1r4850]DSCN2668_01.JPG[/attachment:3p1r4850][attachment=1:3p1r4850]DSCN2669_01.JPG[/attachment:3p1r4850][attachment=0:3p1r4850]DSCN2670_01.JPG[/attachment:3p1r4850]

Bob Tascione

What a beautiful shop…you do great work William!!
                          Hey congratulations on being full time now. If your quality of repair work is anything like the quality of the things you build you’re going to be swamped with work!
                          Also you got it…I’ll bring the donuts and when you come here to visit please bring your woodworking tools! :D
                          Again really nice shop William,

Bob

arutha
                          Participant

It starting already, William definately has “Disturbia”, he is a classic case! The workshop is spreading…its too late to stop it now…………:)
                            Its looking very good mate, It wouold probably be a bad thing for me to have something that big as it would just mean more space to fill with machinery and clocks. I know exactly how you feel, my mind has been more at rest doing this than at any other time in my life. I am again waking up with a smile on my face. Just wish I was as lucky as you with the work coming in. It will come, just have to be patient :)

kybill2011
                            Participant

Hey Guys. Now that I have seen all these greatt shops I am almost embarrased to show mine. Keep in mind I will be adding a sink area and a few more benches. This is down in my basement which unfinished. I will be framing up the walls in the near future and the room will be about a 20×25 area. Sorry, no coffee pot but there will be a fridge with a variety of cold beverages and all are welcome to stop by and enjoy. I’m sure it won’t be long and there will be more tools and machines to that will be finding a new home in my corner of the basement.

willofiam

Hey Bill thanks for the response, :D your shop is looking good, just to let you know you can start up a thread under you name on the member shop pics and make it your own personal section. keep up the great work. what are you specializing on working on??????? William

kybill2011
                                Participant

Hi William. After I posted the pictures I thought that I should have started my own thread but too late. 😳 Right now I am only working on pocket watches. After I get comfortable with them, I want to start on clocks, then I will go to wrist watches. I maybe should have started with clocks because there seems to be more demand for clock repair in my area but right now I am geared towards pocketwatches (tools and such). I have already purchased about 20 nonworking pocket watches from Ebay and hopefully by the time I repair these I’ll be ready to start clocks. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.