Home Forums Member Shop Pics. “Willofiam”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

I know what you mean Bill about the clock repair. its the same here, the need is for someone to actually fix clocks, I hope I can fill the bill, Bill. I get alot of people asking about pocket watches and at this point I have to refer them somewhere else.. 😥 William

willofiam

my new tool holder ;) William

arutha
        Participant

Thats quite interesting, did you buy it from one of the supply houses? 😆

willofiam

A man cannot fail with a good wife behind him!!! or good friends :D . She found a old watchmakers bench and another unimat lathe for me for our anniversary :D The bench was falling apart 😯 and had a cheesy top on it, no door, and partially stripped. Was able to make a door to somewhat match, tear it apart and re-glue. make a top, felt line the drawers, stain and finish, rebuild the catch, for 40 bucks and some time, WHALLAH, a pretty nice set up I think Thanks to a beautiful woman :D A few tools I recently acquired and from a wonderful person that is active on this forum, a book and several watch works to practice :D on. William

arutha
            Participant

Looking good my friend, I just picked up a beauty of a watchmakers desk at auction. Pictures coming soon :) Oh and I bought two watch cleaning machines for £10 each, would you like one?

willofiam

Hey Paul, cant wait to see your bench, and I heard from a little bird you picked up some other treasures ;) , yes I would like ALL your tools :lol:, This watch cleaning machine thing has got me in a frazzel :? !!!! Oh and by the way, how come you get all the nice stuff over there???? William

arutha
                Participant

I will start to post up some of the things I bought at auction, I dont know why we get all the nice stuff, I am not even sure that is true as you have nice stuff too over there that I cant get easily. I will be moving into my unit the first week in November so pics will follow :)

willofiam

Well, it has been a exciting year so far. Another expansion to the shop (probably not the last 🙄 ) Did this about 3 months ago and thought I would share my hard work. I have been blessed and give the credit to my Lord and God, though I do have to put the effort behind it. The business is growing and I am very happy with the results thus far. As I have said in the past, my family is thoroughly involved and help me out in so many ways. Just to let you know I have sold almost everything else I had acquired in the past years to finance this shop, letting go of things dear to me with the hopeful expectation that in the near future I will once again be able to afford to do those other things I love to do ;) I am sure there are many out there who have done the same with successful results, I hope to hear from you. Thank you all for your help and patients with me on the forum and, as for the good friends I have been blessed with, I will see you soon!

randy
                    Participant

It looks great !

Does this mean that you will now have to reduce the foot print of your woodshop ????
                      😮

willofiam

OOOOOHHHHH yeah. I am sure in the next few months I will finish using ALL the former wood shop (ideas have brewed again). I have turned down several cabinet making jobs in the past year. I have not even touched most of the equipment (shoved it all in the other garage) thinking of selling some of it but you know how it is with tools, gotta have em just in case. I will most likely keep it all and one of these days I am going to build my own version of clock cases. I would tell you my ideas on it but its a secret :D Thanks for the input, William

clockman1509
                        Participant

Hi William, just been going back over you workshop photo’s. Brilliant. I like the look of your clock movement holder, it looks the same as Bob’s can you let me know where you bought it. I bought a movement holder from Cousins in the UK, what a let down , I put the movement on the stand an I can mount the pendulum but not mount the hands or turn the movement round and have the hands on but not mount the pendulum. Paul saw this stand when he visited my shop and was not impressed. I have hunted high and low for your type to no avail. Can you offer any advise.
                          many thanks
                          Alan

willofiam

Hey Alan, thank you for the kind words, yes I factored in all of those things you mentioned when I decided to buy this one, I use it all the time and it is my favorite, the other ones work well in certain instances. I bought this one from Merritts in US, it is a Parker movement stand, please check their price as I saw one on the ebay for alot more, used….Hope that helps, William

clockman1509
                            Participant

Thanks William,I will check Merritts this evening and let you know when I Receive it.
                              Regards
                              Alan

willofiam

Well…. the new shop expansion, the corn silk colored walls are the new area.

arutha
                                Participant

Looking good William, looks like you will need some staff soon seeing the size of it :)
                                  Paul.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.