Home Forums Member Shop Pics. My Shop “Arutha”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    arutha
    Participant

That was a repair for a band mate, i used to play bass in a covers band but gave it up recently. The best gig was at a charity event where we played to around 2000 people. :)

david pierce
      Participant

Paul,
        Your band wasn’t called THE SULTAN’S OF SWING by any chance, was it?
        david

arutha
        Participant

No David, not the band I was in, the first was called “Dirty Socket” and the second was “Drop the Rock”.
          Paul.

cazclocker
          Participant

Hi Paul! Hey I just NOW saw this thread showing your shop. When I responded to your question about the clock plate with the damaskeening on it, I had no idea how extensive your shop is! Very impressive indeed. Like Bob said, I think your pinion cutting machine is just awesome.
            Well done, Paul!
            …Doug

arutha
            Participant

Hi Doug,
              that wasn’t my question on polishing the plates, I was answering the question too :)
              I love that pinion mill, its just a shame the Thorntons cutters are so expensive.
              When are we going to see some pictures of your shop?
              Paul.

cazclocker
              Participant

Paul, oops – I got the identities mixed up re: the damaskeened plate thread….sorry! About my shop – actually, I have a load of old photos, but I’ve made quite a few changes & additions so the photos are no longer representative of my shop as it is now. I’ve been wanting to take new ones and this board is just the kick in the seat I need to do so! Give me a few days.
                …Doug in Arizona
                PS…Hey Paul, I read your comment about playing bass…that’s interesting, so did I and I finally quit playing a few years ago. I played in several blues/rock/country bands locally. Had to quit to care for my mother with Alzheimer’s. Now I fix clocks and listen to big-band era music on the radio! Beats dealing with guitar players…what a bunch of babies… 😆 😆 😆

arutha
                Participant

@cazclocker wrote:

Now I fix clocks and listen to big-band era music on the radio! Beats dealing with guitar players…what a bunch of babies… 😆 😆 😆

that made me laugh Doug, I know exactly where you are coming from, the lead guitarists and lead vocalists are a different breed ;)
                  I have very varied taste in music, I love big band stuff but I also love stuff like Django Reinhardt, mostly the stuff he did with Stephane Grappelli
                  Paul.

cazclocker
                  Participant

@Arutha wrote:

@cazclocker wrote:

Now I fix clocks and listen to big-band era music on the radio! Beats dealing with guitar players…what a bunch of babies… 😆 😆 😆

that made me laugh Doug, I know exactly where you are coming from, the lead guitarists and lead vocalists are a different breed ;)
                    I have very varied taste in music, I love big band stuff but I also love stuff like Django Reinhardt, mostly the stuff he did with Stephane Grappelli
                    Paul.

Le Hot Club du Paris!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

bernie weishapl
                    Participant

Paul you have a very nice and well setup shop. Nice looking equipment.

arutha
                      Participant

Thanks Bernie, as you probably know having your own shop, it continues to be an “ongoing” project, things have moved around again since i took these pics :)
                        Paul.

david pierce
                        Participant

Paul,
                          Did you get your Holbrook up and running yet?
                          david

arutha
                          Participant

Not yet David, I am still working my way through an old Myford ML1, quite an early model. They seem to make much better money if they look pretty and I thought it would be good practice restoring this for when I come to do the Holbrook.
                            It looks up at me quite forlornly every day when I go to my workshop :(
                            On a more positive note I have managed to pick up a good sturdy Myford cabinet to stand it on. these bad boys sell for around £350 but i got this one on e-bay for just £26 :)
                            This is not my stand but mine is identical, made of steel plate.

Paul.

chris mabbott
                            Participant

Hey Paul, yet another late reply but I forget to look on here… Nice setup mate and I like your horizontal mill setup too.

Regarding the debate over your photo, I obviously have a comment 😆 I think we may be able to settle on cute little English lad, possibly even chap ;)

arutha
                              Participant

@Chris Mabbott wrote:

Hey Paul, yet another late reply but I forget to look on here… Nice setup mate and I like your horizontal mill setup too.

Regarding the debate over your photo, I obviously have a comment 😆 I think we may be able to settle on cute little English lad, possibly even chap ;)

Now “cute” is something I have never been called 😯

Thanks Chris. :)

cazclocker
                                Participant

@Arutha wrote:

@Chris Mabbott wrote:

Now “cute” is something I have never been called 😯

Thanks Chris. :)

LOL!! 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.