Home Forums Member Shop Pics. My Shop “Arutha”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    catskillpainter
    Participant

You’ve got some nice equipment there, and some really beautiful clocks !

arutha
      Participant

Thank you :)
        Those are some old pictures from when I was working out of my dining room. I now run my business from a workshop, its about time I put up some new pictures!
        Paul.

arutha
        Participant

I thought it was about time to post some pictures of my playroom. I am still not happy with the layout and will have a move round later in the year. More pics to follow…..

willofiam

My life is now complete when I see how well organized you are Paul ;) , Dont worry about the possibility of moving things around, I have done that 100 times and still not sure 🙄 when can I come over to play and mess it all up? William

arutha
            Participant

Pack your suitcase whenever you are ready, your room is ready and waiting. I have a ton of mixed bushing just screaming out for your attention :)

arutha
              Participant

As you can see from the pictures, I didn’t worry about having a clear up, you see it just as it is :)

arutha
                Participant

The drill I found very cheap on e-bay, it came from the Smiths Clock Factory then spent 15 years in an all girls school before being bought by the guy I purchased it from. It works like new and is so accurate I managed to drill out a boot from a small clock lever, put a new brass stud in it and rivet it back to the lever. The hole was 0.3mm!

This brightly coloured vario-Lux lathe is a hobby lathe, I bought it as it had the milling attachment, great for general stuff but is hard work when you want something accurate.

These clocks are mainly mine, either to be used for parts or (when I have a bit of spare time :?) are to be restored.

This last pic is of a Holbrook lathe, as soon as I have some other old lathes sold and out of the way it will be getting a new cabinet and a complete strip-down and clean. This is one heavy beast and took 3 people to drag it up the stairs, I will be borrowing my brothers engine crane to get it up on a cabinet. I hope I never have to move!

david pierce
                  Participant

Paul,
                    Your radial drill press and the Holbrook lathe look like two really nice machines. It appears that the lathe has a camlock spindle. I do not know your machine but it may be large enough to take 5-C collets. If that is the case then you are very fortunate. The range of collet sizes and accuracy is very high but they can be bought at a reasonable price from almost any supplier.
                    david

arutha
                    Participant

Thats good to know david. I have joined the holbrook group on yahoo and they have said that type of chuck fitting is rare on that lathe. It is a lovely machine but i have 3 old myford lathes to sell before i start work on it.

Bob Tascione

Yeah I’m with David. I really like that Holbrook, I LOVE that drill press and I want to know more about that lathe you have sitting next to the drill press :) You’ve sure got a beautiful shop Paul!!

Bob

arutha
                        Participant

Thanks Bob, once I get back in the workshop I will take some more pics :)

demewill
                          Participant

This link will take to Hemingway kits pinion mill which looks to be from the same design as yours. They have some other nice kits on the website as well.

Dan

http://www.hemingwaykits.com/acatalog/Trent_Pinion_Mill.html

david pierce
                            Participant

WOW!, nice find.
                              david

arutha
                              Participant

That does indeed look like my mill! They do some nice kits, great find.
                                Paul.

tmac1956
                                Participant

Arutha:

What do you do with that StratoBlaster in the earlier pic?

Very Kool!
                                  Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.