Home Forums General Discussion Forum Seth Thomas chime clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    bernie weishapl
    Participant

Here is the tool William spoke about and the one I have. http://timesavers.com/i-8947503-clock-hand-bushing-adjustment-tool.html It is used to adjust the minute hand to chime and strike at the same time. So you don’t have to worry about any alignment.

mclark3617
      Participant

thanks guys,, so much easier that way.

mclark3617
        Participant

Good news, the clock is back together and running strong,,, ill check the time tomorrow and see if its fast or slow. The chime and strike linkage adjustment was a challenge, but after several trys and taking it apart and putting it back together I started to understand what was going on and everything now works great. I still have to tweak some of the hammers cause I’m getting a few off tones, I think some are to close to the bars. But it sounds good and works good, thanks for all the help guys, I’m hoping the next clock won’t be so complicated, or maybe ill get at one of those watches of mine next.

bernie weishapl
          Participant

Sounds like you are on your way. One note on these Hermle movements you should not have to take them apart to make any adjustments of the chime and strike. They can all be adjusted with the chime cam, hand bushing and the gathering pallet on the strike side. One thing is just make sure when you make your adjustments that when it goes into the chime warning or the strike warning make sure the hammers are not starting to lift. If they do that will rob your movement of starting power on the chime or strike if that makes sense. Great job.

mclark3617
            Participant

Yes that makes sense, ill take another look at it to make sure

Viewing 5 posts - 91 through 95 (of 95 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.