Home Forums General Discussion Forum Product Reviews

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Bob Tascione

Mmmm…I was thinking maybe it would give Bob something to do? :)
      I will get on to it.

Got it Paul. All pics are now resized :D
      Definitely Davids stuff. Where do we place our orders?
      Hey Tom, you had one of the pics with caption “Watch Bench” but I ommited that caption because I didn’t see the bench. Figured you may have mis-labled it. If I missed something let me know.

So as the idea of this thread is “product review” will David be popping in to review these lathes Tom?

Yeah he has no choice. I know David’s working some horrendous hours right now but Tom having posted all this eye candy is now committed to drag him up here! :D
      Thanks for posting these pics,
      Bob

chris mabbott
      Participant

I think this clearly goes to prove that David is the chairperson, director and founding father of toolaholics annonymous 😆

If you’re reading this Big Dave, I hope that if you ever decide to lighten the load via eripbay that you give your poor bald headed brother first refusal, because I have no hair and I should, by rights, get a fantastic deal because you feel sory for my condition 😆

tmac1956
        Participant

@Bob Tascione wrote:

I will get on to it.

Hey Tom, you had one of the pics with caption “Watch Bench” but I ommited that caption because I didn’t see the bench. Figured you may have mis-labled it. If I missed something let me know.

So as the idea of this thread is “product review” will David be popping in to review these lathes Tom?

Yeah he has no choice. I know David’s working some horrendous hours right now but Tom having posted all this eye candy is now committed to drag him up here! :D
          Bob

Bob:

David labeled it that; however, he was driving while we did this and was just going from memory.

Later,
          Tom

tmac1956
          Participant

@Bob Tascione wrote:

I will get on to it.

Bob

I’m sure working on it! :) Since I have the photos, I’ll start resizing them myself in the case that he wants me to post some more.

Later,
            Tom

david pierce
            Participant

For metal polishing products check out FALCON TOOL SUPPLY. In addition to cutters and end mills they have a huge selection of stones. This includes polycrystaline ruby or Degaussit stones. They are a supply house for the injection mold polishing industry but a lot of their inventory can carry over to watch restoration.
              david

chris mabbott
              Participant

David, why did you call your store Falcon Tool Supply and not the Pierce House of Wonders ? 😆

david pierce
                Participant

Chris,
                  In the 1980s I owned a small machine shop called PIERCE-WOODRUFF TOOL AND MOLD. Many injection molds have to be polished to a mirror finish. This was done with various stones and different grades of diamond paste rubbed across the core and cavity surfaces with a wooden stick. We also used a reciprocating handpiece that was attached to a flex shaft. The wooden stick was attached to the hand piece. This machine made the polishing process go a lot faster. There should be a lot of suppliers like FALCON that cater to that industry.

Tom has a lot more pictures and there is a bunch of stuff that has not been shown yet. He was only able to put up four pictures per post. I am still working on getting the shop in order when I have time but I have had very little of that lately.

Take a close look at my 9″ lathe and see if you can see any major differences between your lathe and mine. The collet holder mounted in the spindle is an ER-32. It works very well. I would rather have a lathe the size of Ren’s lathe but I have no place to put it. His lathe should be able to use 5C collets and the adapter should fit inside the spindle hole, unlike mine which fits outside the spindle. I also have a set of MT3 collets but I don’t like them and only use them when I have to.
                  david

chris mabbott
                  Participant

David,

I just ordered a collet adaptor, ER25, reason being, I had the ER25 set with the mill. Smallest one is 1 mm.
                    I was also looking at a revolving collet adaptor that fits the MT2 tail stock spindle, that might be handy for holding small diameter rod that is too small to mount between centers? I think it was on arceurotrade ..

arutha
                    Participant

Bob – Thanks for doing the pictures :)

David,
                      a pleasure to have you back sir :)

Paul.

willofiam

DAVID…..there you are, how are you, how are those speedos holding up? :D Hope everything has been going well with you. Should we start a shop page for you in the other section? William

david pierce
                        Participant

Paul, William,
                          Thanks for the nice welcome. Since those pictures were taken I have added more equipment to the shop. Actually, quite a lot more. Until I get everything mounted, bolted and wired I don’t want to put it in the shop index. In addition to Tom, Bob and Chris also have that run of pictures. One of the items I added since those were taken is a Sherr Tumico 14″ Optical Comarator. It is a pretty big machine and weighs about 250 pounds. It took me two or three days to get that monster up the stairs and into the watch room. It pushed the staircase down about one inch or so and I will have to fix it before it collapses. I will probably talk to Tom tomorrow and see if I can get him to put a few more pictures up there. There are two more walls in the room that were not shown. After I get everything nice and neat I will rephotograph it and put those pictures in the shop section.
                          david

david pierce
                          Participant

Chris,
                            Mine might be an ER25. I need to check but I am about to go to bed and will check later.
                            david

gerene
                            Participant

I am impressed after seeing the pictures completely. I would be happy to have only one watchmakers lathe in good condition.
                              Nice collection David and very happy to see you again!

Looking forward to see all of your workshop.

Jan

david pierce
                              Participant

Jan,
                                Most of the machines were purchased to fix up and resell and most were in horrible condition when I purchased them. I have restored many of them back to factory specifications and will do the others as I can find the time. I also have a Sincere with pretty much all of the attachments but the picture has not been posted yet. That is a true watchmakers tool and I have no plans to resell it. I like to think of these machines as part of my retirement investment. I am currently still working a regular job so there is no reason to sell them at this time.
                                david

bernie weishapl
                                Participant

David good to see ya back among us. Impressive pictures.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.