Home Forums NEW!!! The CLOCKMAKERS Forum – Designing, Building & Parts Fabrication Building a Grasshopper Escapement Skeleton Clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

Hey Nelson, thank you….. been real busy here lately and a bit behind on the build. Soon I will be adding more of it. Have a great day.

Anonymous

Wow William!!!
        I have been far too busy and away from the forum for too long and have sure missed a lot.
        I’ll be glued to it from now on and excited to follow your project. You sure do good work!
        Thank for putting this up here for all of us. I’m been in a funk but I’m motivated again!!!

Dan

willofiam

Hey Dan, thanks for the comments….I think we all get into a funk sometimes, just gotta push through it…keep your chin up and have a fantastic day. William

ticktockshoppe
          Participant

You do wonderful work William.
            Thank you and Cheers,
            Ian

willofiam

Thank you Ian. Will be able to get back at it real soon….

brianw
              Participant

Hi William, Your grasshopper project seems to have stalled.
                This guy is making the same clock and I thought you might be interested.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsBFq471VLg&t=4s
                I hope you find time get back to your clock as it was very interesting to follow what you were doing.
                All the best Brian

willofiam

Hey Brian, yes I have seen that….been really busy but everyday I walk by it and my stomach gurgles a bit wanting to get back at it…..though not build my clock I have been busy making parts and pieces for customers clocks…that does keep me thinking and not goofing off…

arutha
                  Participant

Any progress on this clock William? ;)

brianw
                    Participant

Hi William,
                      How are you getting along with the grasshopper skeleton clock? Have you finished it but not posted the results or has it just ground to a halt?
                      I just contacted the person who was also making this clock as I hadn’t heard from him for a while. His wife tells me he died in January and never managed to finish the clock. Very sad, he was a talented clockmaker.
                      When I finish the current clock I am building I am going to have a crack at the grasshopper skeleton clock. I just hope I manage to get it working. I’ll let you know when I start, but it will be some months from now because, as you know, making a clock is a very time consuming passtime.
                      All the best, Brian

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.