Home Forums General Discussion Forum Watson-KeeLess gravity clock, English, circa 1920’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

Looks good Doug, Now your going to have to put up pictures of your shop :D . Have a great day, William

cazclocker
      Participant

Update – finally! I haven’t had much shop time lately – I’ve been trying and trying to RE-assemble the little Watson-Keeless gravity clock, without luck until today. It was my error (of course!) that prevented it from running freely. Briefly, after re-assembly – and meticulously following my photographs to make 100% sure it went back together correctly – I’d tighten down the backplate, and the wheels wouldn’t turn freely. I must have had it apart and back together 15 or 20 times! Finally, I decided to disassemble once more and test the wheel action with only one wheel by itself, one at a time. That quickly revealed the problem – the 2nd wheel came with a circular piece of wire to hold the wheel away from the plate. I had replaced the wire circle with another one that looked similar, but was too thick! The result – no end-shake! I’m smacking my head because I didn’t catch it earlier – 👿

Anyway, I just got the movement completely together (for the 20th time, but this time it turns freely) and later tonight I’ll pop ‘er into the brass case, mount the pendulum and see what happens…pics to come when it tells me it’s happy.
        …Doug in Arizona

Bob Tascione

Hi Doug,
          Those little things can drive you nuts!
          Congratulations on figuring it out.

Bob

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.