Home Forums General Discussion Forum Tour a Pivoter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    mahlon
    Participant

Chris My computer is working so slow, I believe I could swim over and tell you this in person faster I’m guessing you would not like a tredle lathe either. They used to turn wood on a limb lathe. You attach a rope to a flimsy limb, wrap it around the piece to be turned, tie it to one end of a board, about 6″ off the ground and use it for a peddle. If that is all you know, it works perfectly. :) Mahlon

david pierce
      Participant

Bobpat,
        It appears that you are missing the drive pulley. Go to Youtube an bring up JACOT TOOL WITH CABLE PULL IN ACTION. The video is only a few seconds long but it shows how the tool drives the staff with a bow. Steffen Pahlow also has a video called TURNING BETWEEN CENTERS WITH A SMALL LATHE. In this video he is turning a pivot on a set of turns driven by a handwheel, but the principal is the same as on a Jacot Tool. There is a good video on the subject by Ron Decort that can be purchased on Ebay. It is well worth the purchase price.
        david

bobpat
        Participant

Hi Dave.
          I thought I was missing something also but Chris explained it all to me. He posted a pic on here with all the pieces numbered and describe, VERY helpful.This pivoter does not use the 3rd shaft with the drive pulley on it, All the pieces are in my pivoter and Chris’s picture can describe it a lot better than I’am trying to here.. THANKS

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.