Home Forums General Discussion Forum Pallet Right Hook?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    tukat44
    Participant

One Last thing- If I am reading the diagrams correct, on reassembly the double roller pin is down, but on the single roller the pin is up. As I dig deeper into this study of horology, things do not always follow exactly the theory behind the application. The lesson I take away from this is that I must be ultra observant when taking down movements, every time.

tukat44
      Participant

One Last thing- If I am reading the diagrams correct, on reassembly the double roller pin is down, but on the single roller the pin is up. As I dig deeper into this study of horology, things do not always follow exactly the theory behind the application. The lesson I take away from this is that I must be ultra observant when taking down movements, every time.

maitai11
        Participant

Good night, Chris!!

Yup, it’s 11:30 a.m. here, and 10:30 p.m. in Spain…We’re flipflopped!

Thank you all for this great information. I’m going to mock up the pallet and the balance as Chris mentioned so I can see if that “r” hook (pointing TOWARD the pallet jewels) is interfering with anything. Thanks Bob, as you can see, I have not seen everything in the course as of yet…I’ll have to make a conscious effort to do as much, because quite frankly, I jumped in with both feet after viewing pocket watch vids 1-6!

Ah, Joe, I see I’ve sucked you into the conversation :) All good information, Guys!

And now, I’m going to re-read this thread – with my DeCarle/Fried books at the ready :)

Best, Guys :)

Tim:)

maitai11
          Participant

Good night, Chris!!

Thank you all for this great information. I’m going to mock up the pallet and the balance as Chris mentioned so I can see if that “r” hook (pointing TOWARD the pallet jewels) is interfering with anything. Thanks Bob, as you can see, I have not seen everything in the course as of yet…I’ll have to make a conscious effort to do as much, because quite frankly, I jumped in with both feet after viewing pocket watch vids 1-6!

Ah, Joe, I see I’ve sucked you into the conversation :) All good information, Guys!

And now, I’m going to re-read this thread – with my DeCarle/Fried books at the ready :)

maitai11
            Participant

Good night, Chris!!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.