Home Forums General Discussion Forum Newbe advice on a lathe…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    david pierce
    Participant

Alan,
      If you have not already done so watch Bob’s LEARN TO TURN video part 2. He makes a tapered tailstock tool and watching it should explain your question. The hole in the side is to knock out the taper. The length of the taper should be such that you can see it when you push the taper into the tailstock slide. Watch the video.
      david

arutha
      Participant

Alan,
        somehow I missed your reply to me asking where you are. I am only in Weston super Mare. I had exactly the same problem as you when I first got into horology, nobody was interested in helping. I started on the BHI distance learning course but have since had a bit of a falling out with them 😳
        If you do ever have a problem I will always be willing to help if I can, I will ask Bob to let you have my phone number (Bob, can you give Alan my phone number please :) )
        I have only been doing this for the past 5 or so years now so have a bit of experience. It is frustrating when first starting out but you will get there :)
        Paul.

Bob Tascione

You bet Paul…all done. Should be in your email box now Alan.

Take care,
          Bob

clockman1509
          Participant

Paul (Arutha) good afternoon. I received your phone No. from Bob, thanks Bob. You are absolutely right It difficult starting out, there is nobody around the west country that seems to want to help. I just keep getting told to join the BHI. I spent a considerable amount of time on the Net looking for courses.
            But all are in the States. I checked out TickTock Pro and Bobs course. No need to say what I picked. I have been looking at the clock video’s and have just started on the lathe No.1. My work shop is non existent as yet just a deck for the lathe. I am waiting on the Sparks to put in strip lights. I will take photo’s when ready. thanks for the help and advice. It would be good to talk on the phone . I could give you a call later today if you wish.
            regards
            Alan

arutha
            Participant

Hi Alan,
              you are more than welcome to ring me today, I have friends coming for dinner at around 6pm so before then would be good, if not any weekday evening aprt from Thursdays (Band rehersals!).

clockman1509
              Participant

Paul the Number. Bob has emailed gives a wrong Number when dialled. maybe Bob mistyped your Number, I will ask Bob to pass on my phone Number and email address to you, (Bob, can you give Paul my phone number and email address please also re send Paul’s number).
                Hope to speak to you soon Paul.
                Alan

Bob Tascione

Hi Alan,
                  I just sent your phone number off to Paul.
                  I had copied and pasted Pauls number from his original order form so it’s all Pauls fault :D . Actually I think I had a problem with his number the first time I called him which he corrected for me via email. It’s probably updated in the database program so I should have pulled it from there instead.

Ok well Enjoy!

Bob

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.