Home Forums General Discussion Forum Microscope and Camera

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    bernie weishapl
    Participant

Decided today to get a digital microscope and camera on the advice of a good friend who does watch and clock repair. I saw some picture from both and they are excellent. The first picture is taken with the camera at 2x. The second is under the microscope which has a digital 3.5″ monitor on it. I figured for right at $200 for both can’t go to wrong. He told me they were from China but he said the optics were excellent and as good as the $5000 microscope they have at AWCI headquarters. He said after he told a few in his class they bought one and have all conversed with him about they were really nice. Anyway hope it will help see the pivots better on both watches and clocks. The loupe does fine till I have to look close. Don’t know if it is the lense the placed in my eye since it is for far vision or what. We shall see.

stevefitzwater
      Participant

Nice Bernie!

bernie weishapl
        Participant

Thanks Steve.

david pierce
          Participant

Bernie,
            What is the make and model number of the microscope and digital microscope camera? It looks like it is doing a great job.
            david

chris mabbott
            Participant

Nice pickup Bernie, looks very nice, although, I figured after the tuneup you didn’t need one of these babies ;)

bernie weishapl
              Participant

Chris my eyes are fine it is just something with my eyes or me. It just doesn’t seem as clear as it should. I see fine except when it gets down fine stuff. The Doc says it is probably something interacting with the lenses in my eyes and the lenses of the loupe. Hard to explain. Hopefully this will work better.

David here is where I am getting them from. The microscope: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-LCD-Digital-Microscope-20x-500x-Magnification-5-0-Megapixel-Image-Sensor/131451713952?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29906%26meid%3D16c4dd576b2b41e58229d254c56e801e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D281364412124&rt=nc

The camera: http://www.ebay.com/itm/IPEVO-Point-2-View-USB-Camera-/271807574370?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f48fe7162

The camera I am also getting for other purposes plus clocks and watches. I needed something to take really nice pic’s for my woodturning brochures. Phone cameras work in a pinch but most time momma has the other camera when she is with the grandkids.

randy
                Participant

Nice set up Bernie…I’m thinking this may be the ticket for many things…including working on messed up hairsprings !

R

david pierce
                  Participant

Bernie,
                    Thanks for the link.
                    david

Bob Tascione

Thanks Bernie,
                      That’s a really nice setup for such a low price.

Bob

tmac1956
                      Participant

Bernie:

I really like that setup. Dang nice quality too.

I want!
                        Tom

bernie weishapl
                        Participant

Bob T. he told me the optics are really, really nice on the microscope. He said it is surprising coming out of china and being that cheap. He said one from the Swiss he could have bought while at a watch class at AWCI would have been $5000. He said the one he bought is just as good and does everything it did. I will let everyone know what it is like when it comes in.

david pierce
                          Participant

Bernie,
                            The Swiss microscope was probably made in the same Chinese factory by the same employees as the Chinese microscope.
                            david

namonllor1953
                            Participant

Thank you for the link Bernie. It’s a great find and one I’ll be taking advantage of myself.
                              Thanks again,

maitai11
                              Participant

Jealous :)

bernie weishapl
                                Participant

Oh quit whining Tim. There are 10 and 9 left so jump on them. 😆 😆

David you are probably right because my buddy told me they look almost identical to one another. 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.