Home Forums General Discussion Forum Ladies Watch Mainspring Winder

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    arutha
    Participant

Hi Bob,
      you said in an earlier post that moebius 8000 would be too thick for a ladies wrist watch. Having found this chart it seems to say it is ok in watches from 5 lignes up to 18. What do you think? shall I just try it? Also in this thread you said you use Moebius 8030 for the mainspring which is their clock oil, as this is just a first attempt can I use my clock oil on the mainspring?
      Thanks in advance,
      paul.

Bob Tascione

Hi Paul,
        Yes it’s hard for me to argue with an actual Mobius chart!
        I’ll look around a little to see what other info I can find. My feeling though is that 8000 is ok for larger pocket watches and small clocks but using it as a general all around oil for small caliber watches doesn’t seem logical. I’m curious why 8000 is in red. Let me see what I can find out tonight.
        The 8030 for the mainspring on small calibers may be good though.

I’ll try to get back up here with some info in the morning.

Bob

Bob Tascione

Hi Paul,
          It’s been a busy morning here so still haven’t had a chance to look into the oil issue. Will do it today though I promise.

Back later,
          Bob

Bob Tascione

Hi Paul,
            I checked around online and found conflicting opinions concerning the range of sizes that 8000 is good for. It does appear though that the majority agree that it’s good for all wrist and pocket watches sizes. I still have some difficulty grasping how it can be effective through such a large caliber range but it sure looks like that’s the case. Also your chart seems to say the same thing so it’s definitely worth a try!
            Wish I had more to offer about it.

Let us know how it goes.

Bob

arutha
            Participant

Hi Bob,
              thanks for looking into this for me. As I am only going to be working on practise pieces it doesnt matter I suppose but, if I was working on a customers watch I would use the best I could get and not something that may be ok.
              Thanks again Bob, I will let you know what happens.
              Paul.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.