Home Forums General Discussion Forum Knee Deep…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    tukat44
    Participant

I would only attack the jewel in the pallet bridge if I was insane or if it was broken and needed to be replaced, otherwise, I would probably leave it alone

how did you get the mainspring out of the barrel? you are moving right along. where are the barrel, cover and arbor? and- did this one run before you started?

maitai11
      Participant

By the way, after taking down the entire watch (save the items I asked), I still was not able to determine the cause of the jam-up and stoppage. It went all the way down to the escape wheel and pallet, so I have to wonder whether it was just a very dirty watch, or perhaps just something jumped out of place – somewhere, somehow. The pallet seems like it’s OK, and the escape wheel does, too. Actually, the pallet jewels do have slightly different angles – but I was just chalking that up to design. Should the pallet jewels be the same angle???

Thanks,

Tim

maitai11
        Participant

Hi Bernie,

Yeah, it would help a great deal if you could get me the exact name since, after looking for Zep Citrus Cleaner, I quit after I saw the 5th product that had Zep and Citrus in all the titles. Just got my US today, Oh – and, by the way, I also got my 10 little spring assisted clamshell metal baskets. I like it, I like it a lot!

Thanks Bernie!

Tim

gerene
          Participant

@maitai11 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I’m going to post four pictures with a few questions. Thanks in advance. Tim

First question – Pallet bridge gem – this has no screws holding the gem in. Do I still remove it?

You leave the jewel in place, unless it would be damaged or worn out, and clean the jewel hole with pegwood.

Jan

gerene
            Participant

@maitai11 wrote:

By the way, after taking down the entire watch (save the items I asked), I still was not able to determine the cause of the jam-up and stoppage. It went all the way down to the escape wheel and pallet, so I have to wonder whether it was just a very dirty watch, or perhaps just something jumped out of place – somewhere, somehow. The pallet seems like it’s OK, and the escape wheel does, too. Actually, the pallet jewels do have slightly different angles – but I was just chalking that up to design. Should the pallet jewels be the same angle???

Thanks,

Tim

The pallet jewels do have different angles, there is an entry and an exit pallet each with its specific angle.

Jan

maitai11
              Participant

Thank you, Jan. That’s some very valuable information you’ve given me there. I appreciate it very much! I see you replied to a question from tukat – that’s my brother, Joe, and I am very happy to make your acquaintance. Again, thank you very much!

Tim

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.