Home Forums General Discussion Forum I give/gave up.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    ewinrow
    Participant

Hey Bernie, got it and it looks so good, I think I’m scared to tear it part. Really nice job. For it to be such a common movement, this little bugger sure does have a lot of madness in it. But as I remove a part I’ll put them in order in my rack. Chime side, time side and strike side. I have taken the one that I have apart a couple of times since I have had it in my position but by me not tearing it down 1st, the problem is still there. I think there is a bushing or two needed. Comparing it to yours, all of the gears are in the right place. I did notice two pivots protruding way out of the front side plate and on the strike side the strike governor gear locks-up with the adjoining gear. Lot of end shake there. Possible bushing needed also. I have bushings , files, broaches and confidence. :) The only thing I lack is the permission of the owner. 😮 I guess it will turn into one of those. Store me away projects. Anyway, again thanks, Ed.

bernie weishapl
      Participant

Your welcome Ed. Ya just got start some where. When I first took them apart I use a 1″ thick styrofoam piece. I drew 3 lines on this styrofoam, labeled them strike, time, strike and put each wheel in their proper section and in their proper order as I took them out one by one. Have fun Ed and give it a go. Lots of people to help if you run into problems. I am out of town for a wedding and probably won’t be home till next week sometime as we will also have our grandson and we are going fishing. Here is a picture he took of me on Memorial day. We did have fun. :mrgreen:

bobpat
        Participant

hey Bernie, great pic, when I first looked at it, I thought you had on a long dangling earring, 😮 I can see its a fishing lure,, lol,, nice pic though

bernie weishapl
          Participant

Thanks Bob.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.