Home Forums General Discussion Forum Hermle 451

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Bob Tascione

Here’s the escape wheel picture

don1954
      Participant

the one on the desk to the right is the old on. i have it back working and it sounds fine but still running fast. so far four minutes an hour

Bob Tascione

Hi Don,
          I wish I had one of these movements down here in Mexico with me to look at. I tried to go across the border a couple of weeks ago but the line was horrendous so I hightailed it back home.
          Okay…assuming that absolutely nothing has changed and that no escape wheel teeth are skipping past the anchor then I can only think of one other possibility at this time (which doesn’t mean much as there are probably a lot that I’m not aware of). Is it at all possible that any other wheel in either the strike or chime train is close in diameter as well as the wheel and pinion location on the arbor close to the same as one in the time train? In other words is it possible that a wheel may have been interchanged with another wheel? Do look closely as they could be facing opposite directions. If the module is the same and the wheel is just a tooth or two less maybe it would still work without binding. I don’t know. This is a long shot and purely a guess that I wouldn’t ask without first checking a movement or drawing but as I said I have no access to either here.
          Please let us know as I’m really anxious to find out what the heck is going on with this clock. :D
          Maybe another member that’s much more familiar with these movements can enlighten us.
          Bob

don1954
          Participant

i dont know ill look at an old movement i have and see if there are any gears that could have got put in the wrong place. i am not feeling to good today so i may be down for a few days. check on the internet and see if you can find a break down for a 451-050 75 cm i found one once and didnt save it so of course i cant find it know.
            Hey will you out there have you found anything yet i hope you dont mind me calling you Will instead of Willofiam
            Thanks Bob. oh by the way what part of Mexico do you live.

willofiam

Hey Don, I hope and pray you feel better soon, you can call me whatever you wish, even nuts at times. dont let this get you down, remember that going through afflictions in life works out patience and patience works out proven character, and proven character, hope. :D

don1954
              Participant

Thanks Will, that is one thing i do have and that is patience. Before i got sick and disabled i owned a vacuum truck company that i turned over to my wife and she is running it now. Being a truck driver and trying to deal with six lanes of traffic in a semi truck useing the whole six lanes to back into some of the customers locations really builds patience lol.

Anyway guys guess what, Bob you mentioned maybe a gear was out of place and i was laying in bed thinking about that and low and behold i remmbered that i took a gear out of that old Hermle i have and replaced one in this clock because the pivot was worn pretty bad.
                why i didnt remember that is beond me guess im getting old lol.I got up at 3:30this morning because it was on my mind so much and i could’nt sleep. I could’nt remember exactly whitch one i replace so i looked in the parts try on my bench and found the old one. I tore down the movement and it is the one just below the escape wheel.
                I counted the teeth and the one i replaced has 56 teeth and the old one has 60 teeth.
                Dang guys with your help i think we got it. Now i have to figure out what that gear is called and order a new one shalf and all. can you help with what i should look up and order ill try to find it in TimeSaver, i have an acount with them.
                Thanks guys its been fun

willofiam

THAT IS WONDERFUL Don, I had a dream last night that I was looking into your movement and seeing something, but when I woke up this morning I could not figure out what it was about. welllllll I guess it had to do with a gear in there. good job!!!!! 8-) Thank you I learned a little more, William

don1954
                  Participant

Hey guys,
                    I posted a reply early this morning but i dont know where it went i must have screwed up somewhere lol

Any ways ill try again, Thanks Will, yes im getting lots of patience lol. I dont feel to bad this morning hoping the weekend will be better though i am hurting alot i need to rest but this clock has got me wound up.
                    Bob i thought about what you said on the gears may have got switch and woke up in the night remembering that i did change the gear just bellow the escape wheel.
                    Its the gear that runs the escape wheel. The pivot was worn allmost through so i took the one out of that other Hermel i have.
                    I remember looking at it and it looked the same but i didnt count the teeth.
                    That old hermle i have for parts is a 85cm. I counted the teeth this morning and the one i took out of the one im fixing had 60 teeth and the one i put in my movement from the parts movement has 56 man do i feel like an idiot.
                    With your help guys i think we have figured this out.
                    Now can you help me with the name of this wheel i have been looking in Time saver and black forest and cant find it. I want to get a 60 tooth gear with the shalft also.
                    Thanks again guys

don1954
                    Participant

See i am going nuts my post was in here lol but i still cant find that gear i dont know what its called

Bob Tascione

Yahoooooo!! Congratulations Don!,
                        Is that the 4th wheel? Count the center wheel as the second wheel and move up from there.
                        Good to hear you figured it out. Tough but interesting and fun thread.
                        Hope you’re feeling better soon,
                        Bob

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.