Home Forums General Discussion Forum Eye Surgery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bernie weishapl
    Participant

Well a update. Had my eye surgery this morning and all went well. It took all of 7 minutes. I am just now starting to get some vision back but he said don’t be surprised if it is tomorrow or the next day before it becomes clear. He told me the best thing to do is to go home and take a nap which I did as the doctor told me. 😆 But before we left we had lunch with my sister, her husband and my future neice. Now to heal and get ready for next month to get the other eye done. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

Bob T. thank you for the nice e-mail last night. That meant a lot to me. I will be checking in most everyday even though the shop is off limits for a couple of weeks. He said he didn’t want to take any chances of getting anything in the eye. I have to put 8 drops in my eye 4 times a day for 10 days which is a pain. :D Anyway thank you all.

Bob Tascione

Hey Bernie…you’re very welcome. Also VERY happy to hear all went well and so FAST!
        Do take your time and do as the doc says. Those clocks will be waiting for you. :D
        Good to have you back so soon.
        Take care and thanks for the update,
        Bob

chris mabbott
        Participant

Hey Bernie, what did I say, piece of cake, or was it pie 😆 Whatever, glad it went well and welcome back, even as an occasional visitor.
          Besides, you have that new toy to play with ;)

bernie weishapl
          Participant

Thanks guys. Chris I wish I could play with the new toy. But it will be there. :D

david pierce
            Participant

Bernie,
              Your sight will come back better than it ever was due to a 7 minute procedure. It is almost unbelievable that this technology exists and you are very fortunate to have needed it at a time when it existed. All the best.
              david

arutha
              Participant

Glad it went well for you Bernie, I understand your frustration about wanting to get back into the workshop, I cant get into mine on a Sunday and I seem to pace around the house like a caged animal :( I really should get out more!

mahlon
                Participant

Bernie, I am pleased to hear that all went well. Prayer works every time :D The Lord has done his part, now it is your turn. Take the time to heal and all will be well. Paul I to do not work on Sunday. I found years ago that if I worked on Sunday, I spent Mon. and Tues. fixing the things I tore up on Sunday. 8-) 8-) 8-) Mahlon

bernie weishapl
                  Participant

Thanks again. Yes Mahlon it is funny how we kinda take things for granted. I know people think I am crazy but this morning I woke up at 4:18. I actually read the alarm clock across the room without glasses for the first time in I can’t tell you how long. A little tear of happiness went down my cheek. It is just a little thing but yes I thanked the Good Lord this morning many times over. I did notice another thing at how bright things are now. I told my grandson I may have to wear sunglasses in the house. He just rolled his eyes and said oh grandpa. 😆 I am happy so far and now the wait to have the other one done.

arutha
                    Participant

That is great news Bernie, its nice to know miracles can still happen :)

bernie weishapl
                      Participant

David and Arthua it is a miracle. I am sitting here this afternoon watching tv without glasses and the doc tells me it will get better yet. The other one will be done 4/25 so can’t wait. Only thing that I am not used to is wearing sunglasses and let me tell you when you have this done as others can attest you do need sunglasses. I thought this morning when I turned on the bathroom light to shave I almost went and got them. :D

tmac1956
                        Participant

Bernie:

That’s great news!

Congrats and good luck on the next one.

Tom

bernie weishapl
                          Participant

Thanks Tom.

willofiam

Hey Bernie, been thinking about you all day, I was at a local business expo today and had set up a booth. So glad to hear that it has gone well…..William

chris mabbott
                              Participant

William, my feeling is hurt, I thought you were thinking about me all day 😥

bernie weishapl
                                Participant

ROFLOL Poor Chris.

Thanks William. It did go well and is getting better by the hour. So far all I have needed is readers to read and computer. Can’t stay on the computer long because my eye start watering. Don’t want to over strain it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.