Home Forums General Discussion Forum Download the Videos Failure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    persingen
    Participant

I’m failing to download the Clock videos on the download page.

I open the page and right click on the video (clock 1), the password request comes up, I fill it in and have to right click once again and I choose Save link as, nothing happens. I jujst get up a blank screen.
      What am I doing wrong.

Anders / Sweden

Bob Tascione

HI Anders,
        It sounds like you’re are doing it correctly so it is most likely one of two things.

First check to make sure that your popup blocker (if you have one) isn’t interferring with the download process. You may need to “ok” the download url which is:
        http://www.clockrepairing.com This is the most common problem.

Second thing to check is your security settings. Sometimes need to lower them a bit.

That should take care of the problem. If not let me know and we can try to trouble shoot further Anders.

Enjoy!
        Bob

stevefitzwater
        Participant

Ok, you might be getting the same issue I did… look for this line in the download window-

“NOTE: You will need a unique user name and password to download video files. If you haven’t already requested them you will need to do that first by filling out the request form Here”

You need a “Download” account, this is a different account then your core account, and you need to request it by clicking on the word “HERE”.

I tried several times over several months and everytime I would skim over the text in that window and use my normal log in, only to be denied, until I finally read the window information.

persingen
          Participant

First, I have no pop up blocker. I have tryed log in by using my Unique user and password. When I click on http://clockrepairing.com I get a window Account Centre Login, Primary Domain, Primary Email and Password. What’s primary domain?? Primary email – my email address, whitch password – my normal one or the unique one?

Anders

Bob Tascione

Hi Anders,
              You don’t want to click on the link. That link is to my url for the Download server. If you click on the link it will take you to MY login page to my Download server…it’s an undeveloped page.
              It’s just that some popup blockers require a url to be added for popups to be ok for that site. That would be the url that would need to be entered into the popup blocker ‘accept url list. If you don’t have a popup blocker then you won’t need that url.
              I just copied your unique user name and password into the password box and they worked fine. The file began downloading. I’ve run into this problem a few times now and all but one were solved by either turning off popup blockers or reducing security settings. The one time that this didn’t work was still a popup blocker problem but the password and user name were cached in his computer and wouldn’t allow them to be used. Solved it by turning off the blocker and issuing new login user name and password.
              My XP Pro has a popup blocker built in to it as do many other browsers. I access it by clicking on “Tools” at the far right on my toolbar, then mouse over the “Popup Blocker” and am then giving the choice to turn off the blocker or change the settings.

What browser are you using?

Bob

persingen
              Participant

Ok Bob
                I was using Firefox, have now changed to Explorer and it took me a bit further. The blocker is shut down and the security is set on trusted sites.
                When I log on to downloads now, I can at least see the download window behind the log on window. I ‘m using my unique log on name and password, but it seems it will not accept my password, it gives me a new logon window all the time I try.

Anders

Bob Tascione

Hey great Anders,
                  We’re making progress!
                  You may have already tried copying and pasting your info in but if not can you give that a quick try?
                  If that doesn’t work I will set you up with another user name and password just in case.
                  I see that you’re up here right now so I’ll stick around for a bit.
                  Bob

persingen
                  Participant

Bob
                    It does not work if I try to copy the user and password.
                    Sorry for keeping you busy with this problem.
                    Anders

Bob Tascione

No problem at all Anders,
                      I need to know when these problems come up. I learn a little each time and can then pass it along to others having similar problems.
                      I’ll set you up with new user info and will email it right over to you. Give me about 10 minutes to get it over to you.

Please let us know how things work out Anders as others may be following this thread.

Bob

persingen
                      Participant

Hi Bob
                        First of all, thanks for spending all time to make my downloads to work.
                        As stated in previous posts the log-in did not accept my password or username. I have XP Pro and was using Firefox as my web browser. Bob suspected that the pop-up blocker was on, and it was. I tryed to dissable the blocker but unfortunally the problem persist. I desired to change back my browser to MS Explorer and I stopped the blocker and set down the security to trusted sites and I got a little bit further when I could see the download window behind the log-on window. It still told me the password was not correct.
                        Bob desired to send me a new set of Unique log in, and after that everything went all smoth and I have now downloaded and backed up ALL videos.
                        Thanks Bob for an extra ordinair service excellent!
                        I hope you can read my bad english.

Regards
                        Anders

clam71
                        Participant

I also had a problem which Bob was SO helpful to help correct.
                          Old computer with an almost full hard drive. Playing vids was choppy.
                          Windows needs to use the free hard drive space for virtual memory
                          if your system’s memory is marginal. Freeing up some HD space helped a lot.
                          I’m using GOM Player to view the vids. I find it so much better than standard
                          Microsoft players. You can visit www. oldversion.com to get it.
                          Hope this helps…

ihsfab
                          Participant

Bob, I to am having problems downloading the videos. I have check my popup blocker and all of that, still no luck. The screen never changes after putting in my pass word and username that you gave me.

Kenton

Bob Tascione

Hi Kenton,
                              Good to see you up here.
                              I just tried downloading with your user info and all went well using XP Pro. If you’re copying and pasting the info into the box and it’s still not working then It’s most likely a permissions setting. Internet security, firewall and anti-virus applications can prevent downloading. We should be able to figure out what’s happening. What browser and operating system are you using? Also antivirus program if you’re using one?

Bob

ihsfab
                              Participant

Bob I am using Vista Ultimate, Firefox and Kaspersky A/V

Bob Tascione

Ok Kenton,
                                  Let me mess around with it for a few minutes to see if I can figure something out. I do know that Persingen had a problem with Firefox so may be something there.
                                  I’ll check it out and will be back up here in a little while.

Bob

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.