Home Forums Member Shop Pics. “Catskillpainter”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

So how long did it take to clean up for your presentation? :D by the way you are doing a excellent job at it and have some great ideas..I like the way your showing each section in your shop..I might have to copy that idea….Please dont sell your soul though, I think that may be all thats left after everything else rusts away. Oh and by the way I meant that there is no hope for the mental battle of rationalization and justification BUT of course there is hope for the addicted, I have come to accept the fact that I am like a fish, anything shinny I am attracted to…. if I bite on it I just take the ride and if it starts to taste funny when reason returns try and wiggle myself out of it. William

gerene
      Participant

Very nice shop indeed. Looks like you have a nice set of tools!

catskillpainter
        Participant

@willofiam wrote:

So how long did it take to clean up for your presentation? :D by the way you are doing a excellent job at it and have some great ideas..I like the way your showing each section in your shop..I might have to copy that idea….Please dont sell your soul though, I think that may be all thats left after everything else rusts away. Oh and by the way I meant that there is no hope for the mental battle of rationalization and justification BUT of course there is hope for the addicted, I have come to accept the fact that I am like a fish, anything shinny I am attracted to…. if I bite on it I just take the ride and if it starts to taste funny when reason returns try and wiggle myself out of it. William

I have lots of small containers, so I can clear a lot of clutter from camera range quickly . We just won’t talk about the dishes, the current laundry situation, or how high the grass is at this point :D Also, I haven’t actually taken apart the Atmos (sometimes I just stare at it from across the room and bite my nails), so I’m sort of between projects. I usually rationalize by promising myself that I’ll sell something next week to pay for the thing that I want to buy now. The trouble is that next week I’ll buy something else, still promising myself that I’ll sell the same item that I’ve already committed to sell to pay for the last thing I bought.

catskillpainter
          Participant

@gerene wrote:

Very nice shop indeed. Looks like you have a nice set of tools!

Thanks ! I’m working on it a little at a time. I’m thinking about commandeering another empty bedroom, as I’ve filled this one completely !

Bob Tascione

Good to see you up here Jamison!
              You’ve come up with some very clever ideas for dressing up that shop!
              Thanks for posting all that info. Very inspiring page for all of us.

Bob

arutha
              Participant

I think you will find if you look around most of our workshops we all have a bit of a thing for vintage tools and equipment. I am quite jealous of your depthing tool, Donald also told me to buy one but the mean guy wouldn’t lend me the money!
                You have some fantastic tools and thank you for taking the time to post up all the pictures, I know what a process that can be at times.
                A very warm welcome and I am sure we all look forward to your posts, don’t be afraid to jump in with some answers to questions too.
                Paul.

david pierce
                Participant

Catskillpainter,
                  Your bushing machine is ingenious and probably has more precision than ones specifically made for that purpose. If you remove the hinge pins on the belt guard and take it off the machine, it might be easier to spin the handle.
                  david

catskillpainter
                  Participant

@Bob Tascione wrote:

Good to see you up here Jamison!
                    You’ve come up with some very clever ideas for dressing up that shop!
                    Thanks for posting all that info. Very inspiring page for all of us.

Bob

Thank you ! Hopefully I can learn a few things from the more experienced people here, and put all that stuff to good use. It’s great to be learning and improving, especially in the company of like minded people.

catskillpainter
                    Participant

@david pierce wrote:

Catskillpainter,
                      Your bushing machine is ingenious and probably has more precision than ones specifically made for that purpose. If you remove the hinge pins on the belt guard and take it off the machine, it might be easier to spin the handle.
                      david

Thanks ! It seems to do the job nicely. I have considered taking that belt guard off, but the way it’s made,I think I’d have to cut the hinges – it might happen yet.

catskillpainter
                      Participant

@Arutha wrote:

I think you will find if you look around most of our workshops we all have a bit of a thing for vintage tools and equipment. I am quite jealous of your depthing tool, Donald also told me to buy one but the mean guy wouldn’t lend me the money!
                        You have some fantastic tools and thank you for taking the time to post up all the pictures, I know what a process that can be at times.
                        A very warm welcome and I am sure we all look forward to your posts, don’t be afraid to jump in with some answers to questions too.
                        Paul.

Thank you – I’m glad to be here ! I love vintage tools. De Carle reminds me of a stern college professor – I always straighten my collar and sit up straight when I’m reading his books :D

metalsmith
                        Participant

Man, I’m impressed with what you’ve do with the place! I love your Unimat, i had one many years ago and to this day i wish i never let it go. I curently have a Sherline lathe/mill set-up, pricey. I also do some soldering with electricity, an electric soldering machine i used when i had a jewelry manufacturing business. It’s about all i’ve got left. I’m also taking the Ultra Corse, it feel’s good and the people are real people, you can’t go wrong. Your shop is so great, airy, roomy, filled with all kind’s of tool’s and clock’s to work on. Man, live your dream. Please keep showing us what your up to, i know it will help me in my learning.

Keepergoin
                          Metalsmith

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.