Home Forums General Discussion Forum Brand New

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    pclfal62
    Participant

I saw in one of Bobs videos to mark the back and bottom, but I do appreciate any information what so ever. I purchased a couple of old movements today and a small tool kit and let down key so I can at least start to tincker.

pclfal62
      Participant

Can anyone tell me if they would recommend an Ollie- Baker main spring winder?

mahlon
        Participant

I don’t have one yet, but it is on my wish list. They are expensive, but that’s the one I will end up getting. I have a friend that uses the Webster winder and he swears it is the best. I think which ever one you start out with will always be your favorite. Mahlon

arutha
          Participant

If you can afford the Ollie Baker then get it, you wont be disappointed, I have the Webster mainspring winder but only because I got it cheap, if I could have any mainspring winder it would be the Ollie Baker.
            Paul.

willofiam

I use the ollie baker, it has been fail safe thus far, besides the time my hand slipped off the crank handle and I broke the handle with my knuckle, goes to show you that anything can work, anything can cause problems just have to use caution when dealing with mainsprings, I dont have experience with any other but I have seen some of them and they do not appear to be as sturdy. for a tool on the market I would recommend the ollie baker. William

pclfal62
              Participant

I put my name in to get one at a clock place we went to yesterday. What a fantastic place. Any way I am not obligated. they are waiting for them to come in. I can change my mind later. I will do some more research, but I am surely leaning towards getting it when they arrive. Your advice helped me towards that decision, thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.