Home Forums General Discussion Forum 16 Elgin blues… Reply To: 16 Elgin blues…

steadypin
Participant

Hi Tom, I am leaning towards what David has said. I believe the roller jewel is binding in the pallet fork slot. There is a tool called a roller jewel gauge (maybe you have one) it should fit into the the fork slot with just a touch of sideshake, this will determine the right roller jewel. If the roller is to large for the fork slot it will bind, if to much sideshake or a jewel to thin it will loose power going to the escapement. Swapping out parts can be tricky, I would check the original fork opening to the current pallet fork you are trying to use and see if there is any difference in size assuming you have a roller jewel gauge. If this is the problem you will of course have to change the roller jewel using the proper size to use that pallet fork and also adjust your banking pins since they have been moved from there original positions. I just thought I would throw my two cents in since I like this post or for that matter any troubleshooting post I come across. Good luck, SteadyPin