Home Forums General Discussion Forum ZEP Citrus Cleaner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tictock
    Participant

To those of you that are using ZEP Citrus in the US, are you diluting with water or using full strength?

bernie weishapl
      Participant

I get the industrial strength and dilute it. I am not in the shop so I can’t remember what the ratio is now. I think I just follow the directions on the jug.

stevefitzwater
        Participant

Same here, I use the prescribed dilution

tictock
          Participant

Just was wondering.
            The one I have been using is a Citrus Heavy-Duty Degreaser available from Lowe’s and Home Depot Dilution rate is up to 15 to 1
            I have been using 7 to 1 rate.

bernie weishapl
            Participant

That is what I have been using is the 7 to 1 ratio. It works really well. The plates are nice and clean but peg the holes with pegwood and dipped in denatured alcohol. I get it from my son who manages ACE Hardware by the case.

Anonymous

Thank you for posting this!!!!
                I was wondering if there might be an off the shelf product that would work well as a clock cleaning mix and then ran accross this topic.
                I don’t have an ultrasonic cleaner yet so I hope that ZEP will work well for manual cleaning.

Phil

bernie weishapl
                Participant

I would put the movement in the solution and let it soak for a half hour or so then brush clean. I did that the first couple of years when I started my business.

Anonymous

Thank you Bernie,
                    Finally cleaned a movement last night and want to say your process using ZEP worked perfectly.

Phil

bernie weishapl
                    Participant

Good deal. Glad to hear it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.