Home Forums General Discussion Forum WW 1 watch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

Had a customer bring in his watch to show me from WW1. Said his uncle was issued this in the war. They only had one guy in the regiment be the official timekeeper and he was it, he was also the cook. I could not make out all the letters but looked like it said SEAL / USA (not sure though) missing the crystal but the hands were intact and had some war dirt on it. Have fun……William

ewinrow
      Participant

The second or third time reviewing this watch. It’s a very interesting piece. Just to review it is a pleasure. Thanks for the peep. Ed….. :)

randy
        Participant

Nice trench watch..and it looks like it saw the trenches !
          Are you going to open the back ???
          I’ll bet the shrapnel guard is welded to the bezel from the look of things…..

Thanks for sharing !

willofiam

Kind of fun to see. I really like that it has the original band, I have seen similar on ebay, Being in the business of restoring timepieces it may be wrong to say that I think I like this the way it is, dirt and all. this came from a clock customer and I did not feel at all comfortable with taking it apart, I still would not but if it were mine I would…so because I maybe a bit smarter would I be braver, maybe I am a bit braver but does that mean I am any smarter…I think if I were truly smarter I would be less brave. food for thought 🙄 , have a great day, William

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.