Home Forums General Discussion Forum Wrist watch stem repair

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    carpasio
    Participant

This is my first post and I am a total beginner. I have an old Ingersoll Automatic which has no crown and what appears to be an incorrect stem (see picture). I am proposing to shorten the stem and obtain a replacement crown. Should the crown accommodate the protubing tube or sleeve or should this be removed also and a flat crown installed?
      Rob C

Bob Tascione

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum.
        You would want to fit a crown that has a recess to accomodate the tube. I remember seeing an explanation up on one of the suppliers websites that explains how to fit one much better than I can explain here. Give me a few minutes (or maybe an hour or so) and I’ll try to locate that page. I think it was up on Caskers site but not sure.
        Back in a bit.
        Bob

Bob Tascione

Ok Rob, it turned out to be up on Ofrei website. I think this is the page.
          Lot’s of stuff on it that is interesting but most doesn’t really apply to your watch until you scroll down a bit to where it says ‘Ordering Crowns by Description‘.
          I think that should help a bunch.
          Here’s the link: http://www.ofrei.com/page892.html
          Good luck and Enjoy!
          Bob

carpasio
          Participant

Thanks Bob – most helpful. I managed to obtain a job lot of crowns and found the perfect fit. Rob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.