Home Forums Member Shop Pics. Workshop in progress – nearly there “Clockman1509”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    clockman1509
    Participant

The rest of the photo’s.
      Regards
      Alan

clockman1509
      Participant

Hi Bob, some of the photo’s and write up that I posted yesterday showed up last night but are not viewable today,
        should I re-post or is it possible that they have gone astray somewhere in the forum.
        regards
        Alan

Bob Tascione

Hi Alan,
          I don’t think anything should have changed by itself but…stranger things have happened up here!
          Let’s see if Paul had to make any changes. He should be up here in a while.
          No problem though as we can merge any content/pics to your page for you if you wish.
          Bob

arutha
          Participant

Sorry Alan,
            that was my fault, I thought it was a duplicate post. I will try and sort it out with Bob.
            Hope you are keeping well?
            Paul.

Bob Tascione

Hi Alan,
              Looks like you had put two pages up so Paul thought you had accidentally made duplicates. Since a member is allowed to have one page of their own he deleted the duplicate not realizing that their content was different. You can add the deleted content to this page if you wish. You can also make a separate page and we can merge it into one page for you but it wouldn’t look any different than if you just add the content to this existing page and would save us the trouble of merging the content for you. Whatever is easiest for you though.
              Bob

clockman1509
              Participant

Hi Paul & Bob, thanks for the reply. will post other photo’s now.
                regards
                Alan

clockman1509
                Participant

Good morning all , sorry for all the different posts on my workshop (nearly there), but some of the photo’s got lost, my fault as I had to do separate post to put up the pictures. Well as I say I’m getting there, I will be taking delivery of a Lorch 6 mm lathe for my watches also a cleaning machine. these are coming from a clock repairer who no longer bothers with watches. After reading on the forum about bench drills, I will be on the hunt for one very soon. I am waiting for an order of hand tools, ie: let down keys and other small tools . I should be starting my first clock I a couple of weeks. Can’t wait, still it gives me time to follow Bob’s video’s on the lathe course, now my gravers have arrived I can at least practice using and hopefully making some of my own tooling in time for my first clock, pictured in the photo.I am lucky to be in contact with Paul (ARUTHA) who lives reasonably close to me, It is a great help to be able to phone and have a chat and get advice also the promise of coming to my workshop when I start my first clock. Thanks Paul. This bit is for William who admired the beams. Yes William it is a nice room to work in, the only trouble is when you forget and turn round quickly or stand up in the wrong place you get a very bad head ache for a couple of days, But what the hell that’s life. If any members have advise they can offer It will be much appreciated. Well I’m off to practice on my lathe with the help of Bob, so I will post again soon to give you all an update.
                  regards
                  Alan

arutha
                  Participant

Hi Alan,
                    looking good from the pictures :)
                    I just deleted another duplicate post of yours but I double checked this time :)
                    Dont worry about a drill press too much at the moment. You dont need one for servicing clocks and watches but it might come in handy in the future. There are plenty of ways to drill a hole without one.
                    Speak soon and have a great Easter.
                    Paul.

willofiam

cant wait to see pictures of the lathe and other tools, by the way I need a good swift kick in the head some times, maybe I should have incorporated some large beams over my workbench. hope all is well, William

arutha
                      Participant

Just wanted to say thank you to Alan and his wife for looking after me yesterday, he made me a lovely fry-up and we had a good day discussing tools and equipment and even found enough time to start on his first clock service. Look forward to the next visit and maybe some fishing too.

William, the beams are lovely (Alan and I both hit our heads on them) as is the whole house, very pretty and old, the house next door has “1606” etched into the render which I assume is the date they were built and they have beautiful thatched roofs too!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.