Home Forums General Discussion Forum where is Arutha

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    willofiam

hey paul just wondering where you went… for some reason you have been on my mind lately and hope all is well with you. I am not sure how to get ahold of you any other way. William
      p.s. Bob, hope this is alright

Bob Tascione

Hi William,
        Sure is. I’ve been wondering about him too. I can’t give out his email without his permission but will email him to make sure everythings ok.
        I might give you a call a little later today if you’re gonna be around.
        Bob

willofiam

yes that would be great, hope he is o.k. I miss him for some reason. :D

arutha
          Participant

Sorry for the absence :) I have been busy giving my flat a work over as I had to get it ready for my friend to move in to. New kitchen etc so not had much time to get on here lately :(
            Hope you are all ok?
            I am going down to Exmouth next Wednesday where a friend is going to bore out a pulley wheel for my lathe motor so I will at last be able to get that set up ready for work :)

arutha
            Participant

By the way Bob, I am happy for you to give Will my email address :)

Bob Tascione

Hi Arutha,
                Hey no problem. We just miss your great input up here. Hope the remodeling goes smoothly for you.
                I thought I would wait until this weekend to email you just in case you were checking the forum. Figured if you were then you would see Williams post. Couldn’t miss that title!
                Anyway we won’t let you get away so easily. Good luck with the lathe and let us know how it turns out.

I’ll send William your email in a minute. Ask him to send some pics of his shop and the different tooling etc. that he’s designed. He’s VERY creative and wastes no space or time!! Gave me a great idea for improving some of my work surfaces. I’m actually going to post his pics on a blog or possibly up here on the forum soon. Would like to have a place where members can upload their shop pics or tool pics etc. Something I believe we would all enjoy.
                Well thanks for popping in and updating us Arutha.
                Hope things go quickly and you can return soon!
                Good luck,
                Bob

arutha
                Participant

I appreciate the kind comments, thank you both! I would love to see Will’s work shop, mine is still half workshop / half storage space at the moment so as soon as I get time I will post some pics :)
                  See you all soon.
                  Paul.

willofiam

Hey guys, been really busy too…. refurbished my first grandfather clock, funny that it happened after trying to help Don on his clock that I learned so much doing that I felt confident with this grandfather clock, so many things were similar and I was successful at repair even after someone else in the area tried fixing to no avail. super happy customer. happens that when the guy wanted me to address his grandfather clock problems I realized how cramped it was in the bedroom and then having a big clock in there did not do me well…. I sacrificed a 11 x 17 area in the woodshop walling off a section and moving the clock shop in…. took 4 days of hard labor shuffeling things around but I sort of knew this was going to be the next step in the clock repair….. I need to send some new pics Bob.…am now working on this guys “baby” that he wants to hand down to his grandkids, its a honor to have his trust in my abilities as slim as they are, and to be working on such a neat clock, time only sessions wall clock with a big square face, I will have to send pics of this and some others I picked up lately. also putting the finishing touches on a Ingraham kitchen shelf calendar clock, pretty interesting…..I will email soon Paul.
                    thank you all :)
                    William

arutha
                    Participant

Sounds like you are in the same situation as me William, I too am still setting up my workshop and I moved in about two months ago now!
                      I have next to no experience with lathes, I made a couple of brass oil hole plugs for one of my watchmakers lathes and that is the first time I have ever used a lathe, It is going to be a steep learning curve :)
                      Look forward to seeing the pictures when you have time.
                      Paul.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.