Home Forums General Discussion Forum What have I bought ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    msp2502
    Participant

Hi all,
      Bought this cheaply off ebay , came without suspension or pendulum.
      Have cleaned up movement (which is very small) and it runs quite nicely.
      It looks American comparing it to other clocks I have but unable to find anything on internet about “UCC”.
      I need to obtain the suspension and pendulum but no idea what type.
      Any suggestions ?

Bob Tascione

Hi MSP2502,
        The UCC should stand for Union Clock Co., Furtwangen, Germany. I don’t know much about that movement but do know that movements resembling American production movements were produced in Germany. My guess would be that an American wire suspension spring and pendulum bob or pendulum can be purchased from any U.S. material supplier. If you can dig up some info on that clock you may be able to find a pic of the style of pendulum that was used. If not then you should still be able to find a pendulum that will look good on it.
        It’s going to be a good looking clock when you’re done!

Enjoy!
        Bob

msp2502
        Participant

Bob
          Thank you for pointing me in the right direction and also for the excellent course which has turned a passing interest in clocks into a keen and so far (early days) very satisfying hobby.
          Malcolm , UK

Bob Tascione

You’re welcome Malcolm!
            Glad to hear the course has helped out. Sounds like you’re hooked on clocks which is always great to hear!

Enjoy,
            Bob

arutha
            Participant

I have just serviced an identical movement to this, it was in an American style shelf clock. The mainspring was also broken. A good clock to start with as very simple to do, the only fiddly bit is getting at that nut behind the escape wheel when separating the plates. The brass wire suspension rod looks pretty bent too but should straighten out quite well, if not you can buy packs of three from a guy on e-bay or from Cousins – https://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/clock-parts/pallets-american-verge/american-ansonia-clock-pallets#select
              Paul.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.