Home Forums General Discussion Forum WATERBURY CLOCK

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sparkey0151

Hi, im working on a reproduction clock with what looks like an exact copy of a Waterbury movement, the type that is in a lot of the OGG clocks 2 weight time and hour strike, i have striped it down cleaned it reassembled it and i am trying to set up the hour strike, i have got it very close but im at a loss to what the little wire lever attached just above the pinion on the fly ? if i move it to contact the lever it locks the striking mechanism up any help to set this clock up would be a god send, i would like to get it right, the movement is the same exactly as the Waterbury type stamped patent 1874, thanks in advance for any help,

regards john :(

willofiam

Hi John. If my memory serves me right, the wire you are referring to is to be captured when the strike train goes into warning, I believe that the strike train is stopped by the locking lever and cam 1 or 2 wheels down from the fly. The wire on the arbor of the fly is set so that when it goes into warning the cam moves just enough to not allow it to be locked again. I think that is right though a picture of your movement will helps us. Have fun, William

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply Will, maybe you could go through how i set it up i would rely appreciate this, i know it is a reproduction based on an old Waterbury movement, i have an old Waterbury movement but its slightly different,ill try to put some pics up soon]

regards john

Anonymous

These are the pics of the movement, hope it helps,

regards john

Anonymous

I only seem to be able to post 1 pic at a time what am i doing wrong ?

willofiam

Not sure what your doing wrong with the photos….good effort BUT I would need some better photos to see the strike train and the levers involved. Is there a cam with a slot in it and a lever that rides along its outer surface?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.