Home Forums Parts & Tool Suppliers & Other Helpful Resources Watch Tools and Supplies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    david pierce
    Participant

REDROOSTERUK LTD has a selection of watch tools and parts at reasonable prices.

arutha
      Participant

I have used RedRooster on e-bay a few times, good customer service and delivers quickly. Mostly tools from the cheaper end of the market but still very useful.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/redroosteruk/

tmac1956
        Participant

All:

I’ve bought several items from RedRooster – they’ve always described their items honestly. I’ve even seen them describe an item as “low quality”. Sometimes they have items that I cannot find elsewhere. Like Authura said, they have a lot of items on the lower end of the cost scale. I’ve always been happy with the items I’ve gotten from them.

Thanks,
          Tom

david pierce
          Participant

I love the STELLA TWEEZERS I bought from them. They are high precision, non magnetic and the whole set was less than $30.00 dollars.
            david

arutha
            Participant

Their piercing saw blades are good value too, I thought I would try the cheap ones and was prepared for them to break easily but they seem to work just as well as any other brand, I have certainly worn some out if I have been having an off day and cut carefully enough not to snap them.
              Their cheap watchmakers screwdrivers (The ones with the grey plastic stand) were fine too once i went through and tightened all the grub screws once I had the blades in the right position.
              The sets of pocket watch keys are ok.
              The screwdriver and graver sharpening jigs are not that great, they are not well made and with two of the graver jigs I had to make adjustments to the frame as the rolling barrel at the bottom didn’t have enough clearance to be able to move.
              The packs of 100 mixed jewels can get you out of trouble on the odd occasion but you wont find any cylinder end stones in there.
              The small triangular arkansas stones are great for getting pivots almost down to their final diameter before burnishing.
              The balance holder tack looks ok but if you have a lathe its very easy to make one and I have used my own a hell of a lot.
              Their HOROLOVAR clock Suspension Springs are cheap compared to other suppliers in the UK.
              Their set of 4 pin vices are a bit hit and miss, two of mine have the centres very off centre but even so they are still useable for certain things.
              I think I will stop now as you are probably all yawning :)
              Paul.

david pierce
              Participant

Paul,
                I forgot about those darn screws. I took all of the screws out that came with the screwdrivers, retapped the holes with a different thread, and then replaced them with tiny setscrews. I never had another problem with them after that.
                david

arutha
                Participant

I did consider using a spot of loctite on them if they keep coming undone but so far so good.

david pierce
                  Participant

Paul,
                    I cannot remember at the moment but I think I used 2-56 setscrews to replace the slotted set screws that came with the screwdrivers.
                    david

arutha
                    Participant

Thanks David,
                      I will bear that in mind if I do run into problems.
                      Paul.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.