Home Forums General Discussion Forum Watch repair home business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chaplin37
    Participant

Has anyone started a home business? If so how did you get customers? Ive contacted jewelry stores and all of them already have a watch maker. So how would i get customers without opening a storefront or going through a jewelry store? Thanks

willofiam

Hi Chaplin37, please check out some of the other posts, type in business in the search. here is one that will pop up

Re: How do we get paid for this??

if you do not see what you are looking for let us know. William

arutha
        Participant

Hi Chaplin,
          I am by no means an expert on the subject but one of the easiest ways is to get some cards printed, give two or 3 each to your friends so they can pass them on to friends you dont know. Pop one into all of your local area jewelery and pawn shops and advertise in local papers and magazines. It can sometimes take a little while for word to get around but once it does you should get a fair amount of work if the quality of your work is up to scratch and you offer a 1st class service.
          Good luck and let us know how you get on.
          Paul :)

gatorsrepair
          Participant

hello
            i started with a blog page. I stated blogging the work i did for friends and included pictures. Then i started my own web site. i got more work in the mail than local work. I now have moved to Brazil and have to start over again.
            I am thinking of staring a index for watch makers on the new site that will be free to other watch makers. I m open to ideas.

chaplin37
            Participant

Thanks everyone for the info, im gonna try everything, luckily im a web programmer so i can get that going. To the person who moved to brazil once i get my website going i would definitly be down for listing it with you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.