Home Forums General Discussion Forum Watch Jewel Supplier

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    arutha
    Participant

I have been working on another Swiss ladies cylinder movement pocket watch and one of the endstones is badly chipped. I could re-fit it as the face where the pivot runs is ok but there is quite a chunk missing from one side and I hate re-fitting faulty parts. I have made quite an extensive search and can’t find a supplier. I bought a couple of mixed jewel packs from cousins but have not managed to find anything deep enough, the cap jewels in these assortments are all quite shallow. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy some?
      Paul.

david pierce
      Participant

Arutha,
        Check with OTTO FREI located in Oakland California, U.S.A..
        david

david pierce
        Participant

Arutha,
          Almost forgot, while you are on their website check out their price for a new Jacot too. Make sure you are sitting down when you look at it.
          david

arutha
          Participant

Thank you David,
            speaking of prices have you seen how much a fully loaded Bergeon lathe costs?
            http://www.ofrei.com/page_205.html
            I almost did fall off of my chair when I saw this!

david pierce
            Participant

Arutha,
              I knew that and that is why I jumped on it when it came up for sale on Ebay.It came with the Bergeon cross slide and T-rest. I put in a bid for $2100.00 and won the auction at $1350.00. I have all of the other accessories by other makers. I am going to make the box myself once my wood shop is up and running. I think these lathes come up for sale about once every ten years. The Sincere lathe is a copy of this and it is also a fantastic lathe for a lot less money. Their “D” bed is 22mm while the Bergeon bed is 18mm. They are both nice machines. Once I figure out how to post pictures I will photograph these machines and put them on the site.
              david

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.