Home Forums General Discussion Forum Waltham Crescent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chris mabbott
    Participant

Here’s another of the new arrivals, a very pretty Waltham Crescent St 18s in a plain high stem case. I was looking for one from 1914-18 hard to find, but when I saw this one, it was love 😮

This one is from 1907 and has a dedication to the former owner dating it to 1908, so everything is original to the parts, I would say.
      The dial has the raised painted numerals which I’ve tried to capture on the pic, it really gives the face a standout look.
      it’s 21 ruby jewels, adjusted to 5 pos, gold settings/train, and a broken staff, so far…

I know this one is going to be my carry watch when it’s up, if I have a staff 😆

Hope you enjoy it..

david pierce
      Participant

Chris,
        I think I see some screw polishing in your future.
        david

chris mabbott
        Participant

Is it that obvious David 😆 but yes, you’re 110% right 😳

Bob Tascione

Nice Watch and great photos as usually Chris!
            I’m still mesmerized every time I see a beautiful movement like this.
            Bob

ewinrow
            Participant

Nice watch Chris. Didn’t set you back to much did it? Looks like a good project. Nice find.

chris mabbott
              Participant

Thanks guys,

Bob this is my problem, the mezmerization factor, which usually feeds the collecting addiction 🙄

Good news is, I found some staffs that fit this range of walthams i.e veritas, 845, crescent St, it’s nice that Waltham made parts interchangeable with this line..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.