Home Forums General Discussion Forum Unseen Movement

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tik246doc
    Participant

Howdy ya’ll

Just started to work on an oldie, wall regulator type and have never seen this type of arrangement before. No markings no trademarks but appears to be of typical American design. The kicker is that the suspension (spring and suspension rod) is mounted on the back of the case rather than on the movement. It passes through the crutch which is on the movement. Can anyone tell me who may have made this clock or movement?

Thanks for any info. 🙄

Rich

Bob Tascione

Good to see you up here Rich and thanks for all the great comments you’ve been posting on the email reports! Much appreciated. I promise to jump up there and start replying to them very soon. Been a few hectic days lately but beginning to slow down a bit now.
        Hey any chance you can get a few pics of your clock and post them up here? Hard to say what clock it is without seeing it. You’ll see that config. on some European clocks like Vienna regulators etc. too so would be good to see what you have there.
        If you have questions on how to post a pic here then take a look at Chris Mabbotts excellent post (link to post below). Don’t worry about resizing the pics if it seems confusing cuz I can do that for you after you post it until you get the hang of it.
        To Chris’ post: https://clockrepairtips.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1450

Let me know if you need help getting those pics up or if you have no way to do it.
        Thanks again Rich!
        Bob

tik246doc
        Participant

Thanks Bob,

I’ll get those images to you as soon as possible.

Rich

Bob Tascione

Sounds good Rich. Didn’t want you to send them to me directly though but rather upload them here on the forum. I can download them to my computer and resize them if needed. I have file size limits set on my email account so if you send them to my email they won’t come through.
            Adios for now,
            Bob

tik246doc
            Participant

Hi Bob,

Naw just havent been able to get the hang of resizing pic yet with the antique photo programs I have. Anyhow as per your last reply to me here are a couple of full sizers that may help you to answer my questions on what kind of clock we are talking about. Must be a bear however to do any crutch bending to set the beat with the movement installed huh?
              Any help appreciated. Well I tried but Guess I’ll just have to wing it on my own. When I try to post images all I get is “file to big”. Someday when I get more time, I’ll research the
              smaller pic sizes. Thanks anyhow.

Rich

tik246doc
              Participant

Good Mornin’ Bob
                Well, still struggling with pics but wanted to let you know that this rather large school house type clock, (32″ high X 17″ wide-octagonal ), is still in the works. I have completely refurbished the movement which is working just fine now. I did stumble on the name Ansonia on the strike gong which solves that mystery unless this was an orphan clock of some kind. As far as the perplexing situation of the suspension rod being attached to the back of the case, I fabricated a “clone” of the case back which I attached to the side of the grandfather test stand I just built, attached the movement to that and that allowed me to be able to adjust the crutch to set the beat which I saw no way to do while in the case. Thank you again for your help and encouragement. I’m havin a ball.
                I was hoping to be able to determine just what design might have been on the glass on the pendulum door as it missing. This clock seems mighty old and had actually been stored outdoors as it was full of pine needles and cobwebs. Probably one that should have been scrapped but I just didn’t have the heart to do it. Got about 50 hrs into it now and just halfway done, but this one will hang on MY wall.

Rich
                Cambria

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.