Home Forums General Discussion Forum Unknown maker

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jim1228
    Participant

Hello all,
      I could really use some help with finding out anything about this clock, mainly the movement. I believe it is Austrian. The movement has no makers mark. I really need to disassemble the movement however, it has mainspring barrels that I am unfamiliar with. I can’t even find a way to let down the power. There are no are no ratchet wheels or click springs. Any help would be a blessing.

Thanks,
      Jim

Bob Tascione

Hey good to see you Jim!
        I think you’re correct about it being Austrian. I’ve run across the same setup before in Austrian clocks. Sorry to say I never figured out a way of letting the springs down other than to put some fresh oil on the pivots, pull back anchor and fly (if adjustable) and let it slowly run down. If I remember correctly the clicks are attached to the inside of the main wheel. Could be wrong about that so please let me know where you find them. There may be a way to let them down but I never was able to find any small hole along the circumference of the barrel to insert a pin or something to release the clicks. Weird design huh?
        Well good luck and please let us know what you find out.

Aloha for now over there in paradise Jim,
        Bob

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.