Home Forums General Discussion Forum United ship mantel clock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ewinrow
    Participant

:mrgreen: Well everyone, I finally got my ship clock. I only wanted one because I love it and I grew-up with one in my home and since that one has been long gone I figured I’d purchase my own. I have another job cut out for me now. It needs it’s sails cleaned and some going over. It runs wonderfully and when I get just a moment to myself I really want to tear it down and do a really nice job on it. Upon completion, I want it to sparkle and shine as if it were brand new. Will keep you all posted on progress. :D I hope no re-chroming is needed, if so. Oh well to me it’s worth it. :)

bernie weishapl
      Participant

Beautiful clock. Can’t wait to see it finished.

ewinrow
        Participant

Thanks Bernie, I can’t wait to get the chance to work on it at my leisure. Right now I’m full of movements before me. All for self or should I say, Non Profit. This just came in today. I enjoy odd pieces and so does my wife. She already wants it put in the front room upon completion. :D Finally something she likes. Now I may be able to slide a couple more in. 8-) Will post refurbishing to the form.

chris mabbott
          Participant

That is indeed a beauty Ed, it has been that long since I’ve seen one that I can’t remember where it was. Any idea how old this one is?

I’d happily take it off your hands but I don’t think it would fit in my pocket, pocket watch guy ya know ;)

arutha
            Participant

I have never seen one of these before so thanks for posting a picture! Look forward to seeing the end result :)
              Paul.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.