Home Forums General Discussion Forum United Clock – motor wire intermittent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    digitaltripper
    Participant

Hello All,

What I have is a small United Clock Motor that has a wire that is intermittent. If I bend the wire a certain way, I can get the clock to run. So my first idea was simply to take the motor apart and re-solder the wire. Simple enough, until I tried to get it apart…

I have had the bushings out and still it would not come apart. on the top and bottom it appears to be riveted??

There appears to be no way to disassemble the housing to get to the coil and repair it…That is unless one of you, having done this before, can share the trick to getting it apart with me.

Thank you in advance

Jim

arutha
      Participant

I would imagine this has been rivited together Jim, the chances of getting it apart are good but you would probably have to look at soldering it back together. I would suggest trying to find another one of these to practice on. If all else fails is it worth trying to replace the wire you can see in the hope the break is in that piece?
        Paul.

digitaltripper
        Participant

@Arutha wrote:

I would imagine this has been rivited together Jim, the chances of getting it apart are good but you would probably have to look at soldering it back together. I would suggest trying to find another one of these to practice on. If all else fails is it worth trying to replace the wire you can see in the hope the break is in that piece?
          Paul.

Hi Paul
          Yes I think it has been riveted together. I think you may be onto something though as the suspected break I believe to be near the holes where the wire comes out at. I think I will try to replace the wire as closest to the holes as possible as there is not much to loose by doing that.

Thanks for the response!!

Jim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.