Home Forums General Discussion Forum Ultrasonic cleaning…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tmac1956
    Participant

All:

I out this in an older thread and I think that it got passed over. So, please pardon me for starting a new one. Here it is:

@tmac1956 wrote:

OK everyone – I finally broke down and bought one of the digital Harbor Freight (the biggest one) ultrasonic cleaners and now I need to ask some basic information. I plan on using it in my garage using Naptha as the cleaner. So… what is the running time required for watch parts? Or, what are the general settings?

Just curious:

Thanks,
      Tom

arutha
      Participant

Hi Tom, I have tried to do a bit of research on the net but I am mostly getting stuff from guys who hand clean with it. I use L&R watch cleaner so I cant answer your question but what you could do is run it for a minute a time on an old dirty movement and see how long it takes to get clean. With watch fluids you dont tend to run them for longer than 3 minutes, normally two minutes is enough unless it is in a real horrible state but then you have to remove any shellaced parts or it will melt it.
        Paul

tmac1956
        Participant

Paul:

That makes sense.

Thanks!
          Tom

mahlon
          Participant

Tom, I use 1 part Naptha to 3 parts mineral spirits on clocks. I haven’t tried it in the ultrasound, but I think it was David that had said he has. Mahlon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.