Home Forums General Discussion Forum Ultrasonic cleaners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sewall55
    Participant

I am new to the forum and clock repair this is my first post. In watching the class videos the cleaning is done in an ultrasonic cleaner. I don’t have one so I am looking to buy one. I went on line and found a very large range in prices. I am planning on clock repair what features should I be looking for?

By the way I fugure I am not the first person to look for suggestions so i tried to search ultrasonic cleaners. the search told me:
      Information

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: cleaner ultrasonic.
      You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
      How could I have searched for other discussions on Ultrasonic cleaners?

Bob Tascione

Welcome to the forum Sewall55
        That’s a common issue/problem with the search function. If it brings up too many responses it will give that message. One way around it is to try other words that may be used when referring to a given topic. For example: Ultrasonic or machine (which also gave the same message). When I put the word Tank in that worked well. Give that a try and it should bring up many topics (4 pages) covering ultrasonic machines and cleaning solutions used.

Take care and enjoy!
        Bob

sewall55
        Participant

Will Do. thank you

Bob Tascione

Hey you’re welcome Sewall55,
            If you have a specific question that those posts don’t cover let us know.
            Good luck,
            Bob

bernie weishapl
            Participant

This is the ultrasonic I use. Yes they are expensive but unless you hand wash everything after a complete disassembly you cannot get a clock clean. I have found a couple of guys that used to be competition here which are no longer in business try to clean clocks without disassembly in ultrasonic.

I use a water based cleaner that I buy from ACE Hardware.
              http://www.zepcommercial.com/product/Heavy-Duty-Citrus-Degreaser

I rinse twice with clean water and then the final rinse is Denatured Alcohol and not rubbing alcohol. I get it at the local lumber yard. It displaces any water left on the parts. Then it goes into the dryer. Been using this combo now for 15 yrs and it works well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.