Home Forums General Discussion Forum Trying to get a Sessions movement to strike on the hour

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mikebob62
    Participant

Hi Folks, I’m a Newbie, just have two Sessions movements under my belt. But I’m trying to get the strike on the hour. Instead the warning happens a few minutes prior to the hour, but the strike is a few minutes after. The same thing happens on both movements. The cam cannot be moved on the minute arbor. Any suggestions?

willofiam

Mikebob, there should be a strike lifting lever inside the movement that your star cam will lift. By carefully bending the lifting lever you can adjust when it strikes. There are some different configurations of lifting levers, the bend can be up the arm a bit so you dont break the end, it sounds like you need to bend it away from the star cam, but as always think it thru before bending, and then there are no excuses for being late :D William

bernie weishapl
        Participant

William has given you pretty much what is needed. On a lot of those old clocks it has a lever with a U bent on the end of it that is tripped by a lever on the center arbor. You can slightly bend this away from the center arbor which will let it warn and strike earlier but do this in baby steps so you don’t over do it. Let us know how it comes out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.