Home Forums General Discussion Forum Tools from Mahlon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    peggy332014
    Participant

As some of you know, Mahlon had some tools he acquired some time ago, and put in a post asking what these tools were. Recently he had mentioned these tools to me and offered to give them to me.

I gladly said Yes, I’ll accept them! He evidently had just sent them to me in the mail a day or two before he left us. I got them on May 19, 2014… three days after the news that he had passed.

As a Tribute to him, I’ve posted the pics of the tools when he had them, and then after I got them.

The round tool in the bottom right corner of the pic was not included in the box I received and that’s fine anyway. Don’t know what it was for. He may have had it for other purposes.

If you wish to help me identify the tools now that you can see them up close… please feel free to do so. I do know a few of them.

bernie weishapl
      Participant

Peggy that is a fine set of tools and now make Mahlon proud. Use them proudly.

peggy332014
        Participant

Oh absolutely! :D

tmac1956
          Participant

Peggy:

I know you will never forget such a gift as this – which is how it was meant to be.

Later,
            Tom

arutha
            Participant

Hi Peggy,
              if you do need help with any of the tools it would make it much easier for us if you just post up single pics of the ones you are unsure of. A nice present to have received from a lovely guy :)

peggy332014
              Participant

Thank you guys!

Paul, I will do that! Good idea! I was showcasing them in these pics where we can see them better.

Y’all have an awesome and safe Memorial Day! Thank you to all you Vets who sacrificed to keep our Freedoms!

randy
                Participant

Peggy.
                  In the center photo ( of the second set you posted ), the tool to the far right is a pair of mainspring hook pliers. You use them to punch holes in springs and or new hooks in the mainspring barrels as needed.

Here’s an example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tissot-Pocket-Watch-MAINSPRING-HOLE-PUNCH-BARREL-HOOK-PLIERS-Spring-Punch-TOOL-/221412218307?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item338d3255c3

Our friend Mahlon was a wonderful man….

peggy332014
                  Participant

Okie dokie Randy! Thanks! :D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.