• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bernie weishapl
    Participant

Found these and purchased them. Got a pretty decent deal on them after doing quite a bit of research. Also purchased the C E Marshal 1958 Watch Material Manual, a Elgin Watch manual start to 1930’s, a Swigart watch material manual, and 1958 Waltham Watch Material manual. So I should be pretty much set. He said both had been used by his father in his hobby of fixing watches. He said these didn’t even look used. Anyway time to get going just need to get some oil ordered.

chris mabbott
      Participant

You’re right Bernie, they look new, nice pick up…

I love it when tools are in nice velvet lined boxes, yet another wonderful detail that has become lost in modernization..

bernie weishapl
        Participant

Yes most times you don’t find them in their original cases. He said his dad treated his tools with kids gloves. 😆

Bob Tascione

Hey Bernie I agree with Chris…that poising tool is a beauty. Looks new!

Bob

david pierce
            Participant

Bernie,
              I have an old VIGOR BESTFIT CATALOG that was probably printed in the mid 1960s and looked up your poising tool. It looks like it is model number 30200/3. My copy does not have any prices listed so I have no idea what it cost back then. I looked at a Bunn Special video the other day and Bunn was showing his poising tool with cracked jaws. I wonder if someone thought the tool was a small vice with pretty jaws.
              david

bernie weishapl
              Participant

Lol who knows David. I got it in today and the kid was right. He said his dad was really careful with his tools and would never abuse them. I can say without a doubt it looks brand new. Our son and grandson showed up today so won’t get to play for a few days. Need to replace a 10 X 10 storage shed so going to take advantage of the extra help. 😆 Thanks for the info David.

tmac1956
                Participant

Bernie:

You found a jewel in that poising tool my friend. I have an old Levin tool, but its not in the shape yours is in. I think you’ll find the cannon puller a pleasure to use as well.

Great stuff!
                  Tom

bernie weishapl
                  Participant

Thanks all. Both are clean and really work well Tom.

david pierce
                    Participant

Bernie,
                      After working on clocks and watches for more than 30 years are you just now getting a poising tool? This can’t possibly be your first. Just curious.
                      david

bernie weishapl
                      Participant

No it isn’t my first David. When my eye’s starting going south about 7 or 8 yrs ago I was struggling to work on Pocket watches. I just had trouble seeing. So thinking I would probably not be working on PW’s anymore I sold most of my tools to a young gentleman. I contacted him and he is doing well working on watches of all kinds.

So spin ahead David I got cataracts taken out and lasik done I can see better now than 20 yrs ago. So decided since I have customers bring pocket watches in with their clocks to just go for it. Plus I have several I have bought in the last few years that need service.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.