Home Forums General Discussion Forum "Timekeepers: A Documentary" by Dustin Muncy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bob Tascione

Hi All,
      I just wanted to bring to everyones attention that one of our course and forum members is currently producing a documentary covering the evolution of timekeeping throughout the course of human history. This is a serious attempt by Dustin Muncy and two of his colleagues to produce a much needed public awareness documentary. For those interested in reading more about the this and/or might like to help support the project you can check it out at

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1215930941/timekeepers-a-documentary

If you have any questions or comments about the project please feel free to post them in this thread and hopefully Dustin will try to respond to them. I’ll send an email out to Dustin letting him know that I’ve posted this announcement.
      If you’re reading this Dustin please feel free to add any additional info about the project. I think this is a topic that most of us up on the forum will enjoy hearing about.

Thanks,
      Bob

dustin muncy
      Participant

Bob,

Thanks for posting about the project. I’ve really enjoyed going through the forum discussions here and reading all the information that everyone is able to offer.

You pretty much summed the entire project up nicely. The final film will be given away to any Horological organizations or institutions as a means of educating another generation of Horologists, or even those that have never given thought to how the measurement of time has arrived to where it is today. We’ve received some great support from the Horological community so far.

There’s also a shorter documentary you can view on the page that I worked on over the course of a couple months. It deals with a group of Horologists that I interviewed and asks how they became involved in the field. There are some interesting facts in it too.

If anyone has any questions or comments, just let me know and I can answer whatever you need.

Best Regards,

Dustin Muncy

willofiam

Howdy Dustin, I watched the short documentary video and enjoyed it very much, I cant wait for you to finish your project, I have a feeling it will be fantastic ;) !!!! I know you have a truckload of ideas and information and like you said you could make a whole series on the subject. for me personally I like the stories of the people and how or why they have found horology so interesting and enjoyable along with the path that got them there, But, thats me…It sound like the direction you are going will be very educational sparking a new interest and will be a huge hit!!!! Funny how man is obsessed with time keeping yet most think nothing of it, the real reason of why it is so important, O.K. now you really got me thinkin…so I better say “THANK you for your efforts in what you are doing”, before I write a book 🙄 ….. May the God who created time (yet is not subject to it) bless you, your colleagues and the adventurous path your on. William

tmac1956
          Participant

@Dustin Muncy wrote:

Bob,

Thanks for posting about the project. I’ve really enjoyed going through the forum discussions here and reading all the information that everyone is able to offer.

You pretty much summed the entire project up nicely. The final film will be given away to any Horological organizations or institutions as a means of educating another generation of Horologists, or even those that have never given thought to how the measurement of time has arrived to where it is today. We’ve received some great support from the Horological community so far.

There’s also a shorter documentary you can view on the page that I worked on over the course of a couple months. It deals with a group of Horologists that I interviewed and asks how they became involved in the field. There are some interesting facts in it too.

If anyone has any questions or comments, just let me know and I can answer whatever you need.

Best Regards,

Dustin Muncy

Dustine:

Have you contacted PBS for possible foundation funding? This really looks like a good candidate for something like the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur foundation. I can easily see this as a series on PBS.

Great work!
            tmac1956

dustin muncy
            Participant

Hello All,

Thank you for your interest in the project. We are still working hard on speaking with those interested in it. I’ve had some great ideas from some people in the Horology field. No matter what happens with the Kickstarter campaign, I am fully behind putting this project together. So it will happen.

If you have any questions or want to contact me, please feel free to get in touch with me.

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Dustin Muncy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.