Home Forums General Discussion Forum This one is for Chris….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stevefitzwater
    Participant

Ok, was taking a little break from working on my watches tonight, and I came across this guys ebay account…

First, in my personal humble opinion, what he is doing is wrong.. he is breaking down the pocket watches and selling the movement, dial, case, hands separately..

But he has some nice Pocket Watches in the list.. in fact I am going to take a shot at a couple of the Walthams he has, to get all 4 parts of the a watch is going to be tricky…

anyway.. Chris… maybe something will fill a gap in your collection

stevefitzwater
      Participant
        bernie weishapl
        Participant

I feel the same way but they know they can get more money doing it that way. If people would quit buying he wouldn’t be doing it. Just sucks on such nice watches are junked out that way.

stevefitzwater
          Participant

yeah so sad.. to be honest I was surprised they had the cases, normally they try to sell them as gold.. see one guy had 30 cases for sale awhile back, he wanted a lot of them..

his descriptions are bad,, he calls one extremely clean.. it has RUST on it.. sheesh..

bernie weishapl
            Participant

I hear ya. I bought a case for one of my pocket watches. It took a lot of repairs and cleaning to make it look good even though his description said it was in excellent condition, clean and he even said it was a 9 out of 10. 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.